TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Firmware

SOLVED Go to solution
Taz
Level 3
Level 3

Hello. Do you have a later firmware for the Archer VR1600v yet? TPLink advised mid last year there was a later version than that provided by TPG to fix the modem reboot option not working.

This is what I have:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @bmxiitgeek ,

The iiiNet business team will contact you in regards with the provisioning issue of the service. We will close this thread.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Taz What reboot problem are you having? A manual reboot works fine for me on the same firmware version.

VR1600v reboot.jpg

Taz
Level 3
Level 3

the auto-reboot doesn't work, e.g. reboot every 3 days

orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Taz I have'nt used that option, have you verified the modem's clock is set correctly? Maybe check it with and without daylight savings offset enabled if you're in a DS state.

Taz
Level 3
Level 3

I have been through all that with TP Link technical support. They admitted it is a known problem which is fixed in the next version of the firmware

Shane

Hi Taz.

Your modem/router already installed the latest Firmware. We do recommend that the modem to switch off & on every once in a while, especially if the weather is hot.

We currently do not have the new firmware upgrade to fix this. We will also take this into account should there be any firmware update.

Byemp
Level 2

Hi, I have the same problem. I have been talking to one of your engineers for the past 3 weeks and they don't know what is going on. Now I read that this is the same problem. Can you please update my modem as I am about to cancel my account.

XXXXXXX

Thank you

Shane

Hi @Byemp,

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your given details and we've seen that the issue is being handled by our Technical Team, at the moment the issue with the Wireless Connection is still under investigation.

We are sad to know that you're considering canceling the service due to this issue, we will raise this to one of our Senior Engineers for further handling and we'll request for immediate feedback.

Assessment of our Senior Engineers may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided when is available via SMS or phone call.

Cheers!

gman
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having the same issue where auto-reboot doesn't work.  Currently running:

- 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 170630 Rel.49402n

Has TPG updated the available firmware yet to resolve this issue?

BasilDV

Hi @gman,

Currently, there's no update yet of when will the firmware that will fix the issue will be available for our customers.

Your current modem firmware is out of date. We will update it remotely and provide you with the updates once done.

Kind regards,

BasilDV