TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Firmware

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @bmxiitgeek,

We'd like to know what happened with your service installation, we tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it does not show any matching records.

To better understand the situation PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Cheers.

Shane

Hi @bmxiitgeek ,

Thanks for sending us your details. Your feedback with our supplied modem/router's firmware has been raised to our Engineering Team who handles our modem/router firmware. On the other hand the provisoning issue has been raised to the iiNet team for further handling.

Note: iiNet and TPG are part of TPG Telecom Limited we still operate independently of each other. We offer plans and services that would appeal to different demographics.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @bmxiitgeek ,

The iiiNet business team will contact you in regards with the provisioning issue of the service. We will close this thread.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

jessandpete11
Level 2

Hi there,

How can I get the latest firmware? I have 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n and my modem reboots whenever I install a hard drive into the USB port and try to mount it.

Thanks!

Ahra_G

Hi @jessandpete11

Welcome to the Community! 

I have since sent a request to update your modem to the latest firmware. 

We'll be in touch as soon as we're notified that it's done. 

Thanks! 

pnameloncelli
Level 2

Hello there,

Is there any chance of getting a Firmware update done on my Modem/Router as it is currently out of date.

Firmware Version :0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Thank you

Riezl

Hi @pnameloncelli,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Your modem has the latest firmware version for you TPG NBN_FTTN service.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

RhodesRunner
Level 2

Hi there,

could you please push from your end to update my Archer as well on our new FTTC NBN50

Reception in our area is pretty poor

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @RhodesRunner

If you are under the TPG NBN service, then you may refer check your modem/router if it has the updated firmware here:

Archer VR1600v v1.1
TP-Link VR1600: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

Archer VR1600v v1.0
TP-Link VR1600: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

If you are experiencing issues via a WiFi connection, then we recommend our customers to check the article that we've created that will guide you on how to improve your home network. You may also check the troubleshooting for Slow speed issue.

Feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

BasilDV

ck16
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV and @Riezl.

Just reading through this thread where people are logging jobs to have the firmware on their routers updated is just plain crazy!

I can't imagine how much time, effort and the cost to TPG for something that should be made available as a self-service option.

I'm currently in a situation where the auto-provisioning of my router is broken and I now have no home phone.  I would have been able to manually configure the settings had TPG not made the stupid decision to take away our ability to configure the router.

The fact that we purchase these routers outright from TPG, yet don't have full access to configure the unit or access to the firmware is actually in breach of consumer law.  TPG allows users to BYO a modem/router which they have full access to, then why not allow your customers to fully configure the router they purchase from TPG?

You might want to make your hard-headed management aware of this.

Regards,

Chris