TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Slow 2.4Ghz

jopling25
Level 2

Hi, I'm also facing the same problem. 2.4GHz band gives only 2Mbps download while 5GHz delivers over 200Mbps. I've tested the speed standing right next to the modem, away from other appliances, Could you please advise what can be done?

BasilDV

Hi @jopling25

Thanks for raising this with us.

You may change some settings withing the 2.4GHz network.

We've created some articles that will guide you. Refer to these links:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

jopling25
Level 2

Thanks for the reply, I have tried the steps listed in your links other than a factory reset because the backup/restore function is not available and i don't want to have to reconfigure all my settings again if I can avoid it. Can any others who had this issue give some advice on whether there is a resolution? 

jopling25
Level 2

I've since done a reset of the modem as well as trying different channels and it's still very slow on 2.4MHz band - under 1Mbps download today (speed test results attached). The upload speed is much higher. I'm able to get around 20Mbps to 25Mbps download speeds on the 2.4MHz band from both my Netgear powerline extender and an old Telstra router plugged into the vr1600v with an ethernet cable.

Riezl

Hi @jopling25, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and look into this further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Shieini
Level 2

Any resolution to this? I've having the same issue with my 2.4GHz Wifi. Tried changing channels and channel width.

Shane

Hi @Shieini,

Thanks for raising this to us, shoot us a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigations.

Regards,

Any resolution to this? I've having the same issue with my 2.4GHz Wifi. Tried changing channels and channel width.