TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 firmware download link

Badger
Level 2

Hi,  
Does anyone have a download link for the latest TPG firmware for the TP-link VR1600v v2? 

One of my modems is running an older firmware and I want to update it.
Thought I would try my luck here first, else will just download an official one from TP-link directly.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @Badger

The firmware of the TPG provided modem/router will be uploaded remotely by our team.

Please send me a PM with your TPG account username or customer ID number for us to process your request.

Make sure that the modem/router is connected and online for us to be able to update it.

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @Badger, just checking this thread we are still awaiting for your details, feel free to send us your account information and modem/router details so we can request the firmware upgrade.

Cheers!

Hi,  
Does anyone have a download link for the latest TPG firmware for the TP-link VR1600v v2? 

One of my modems is running an older firmware and I want to update it.
Thought I would try my luck here first, else will just download an official one from TP-link directly.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Badger
Level 2

Can you just send me a link, I can update it 

davoc
Level 2

They will not give it to you as a file @Badger.

Shane

Hi @Badger,

The firmware upgrade will be done via Over-the-Air.

Regards,

Can you just send me a link, I can update it 

Badger
Level 2

I am sure it can be, but where can I download the firmware to do it myself?

Mar_nbn
Level 2
Hi, can I have the upgrade file as well please
BasilDV

Hi @Mar_nbn

We've responded to your Private message.

We'll wait for your reply for us to assist you.

BasilDV

SimonC
Level 2

They (TPG) told me at first that they can do it, here, and then the tech support said that it cannot be done anymore as they do not supply the device anymore but only newer and more expensive products.

They also called me imbecile as I followed previous instructions from TPG as I forgot my password and reset the device to factory reset.