TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v v2 firmware

XoomBetaBrava
Level 3
UDM has fixed IP address.
Can ping .100 from network.
It does have Intrusion protection and it’s turned on.
UDM might have packet capture but not sure.
david64
Level 15

@XoomBetaBrava . If intrusion detection is enabled, what do you do to allow access?

What is it based on? Can anyone access port 10118, or is a userid needed, or ip address?

What program is used on an external client computer to access port 10118? 

Can you run the program on local computer connected to Archer to prove UDM setup is correct?

XoomBetaBrava
Level 3
10118 UDP port needs to be enable to access UDM VPN.
10118 port is open on UDM router via configuration of VPN targeti g public IP address and UDP 10118 port enable.

UDM VPN app is used to access VPN portal.
david64
Level 15

@XoomBetaBrava . On the UDM, for vpn access, it has to allow any ip address, from internet or local, to access UDP port 10118.

You need to run the UDM VPN app on a computer connected to Archer to check the UDM setup.

You can do a basic test of the port forwarding. Modify the rule to direct TCP/UDP port 10118 to your computer. Use the browser on your mobile phone connected to mobile data. In the URL, enter your public ip address followed by   :10118    , then enter. You should get an immediate reply: "refused to connect" because port 10118 is closed on your computer. Then change to    :10119    and enter. There should be a delay before browser returns an error, eg. took too long to respond.

XoomBetaBrava
Level 3
Yes you are correct, I tried that :10118 is refused as closed. What’s next and what happen to forward request. Thanks
XoomBetaBrava
Level 3
I don’t thinks UDM setup is the problem, problem is archer is unable to do port forwarding at all. I have tried various ports and same issue 80, 8080 same story. Thanks
david64
Level 15

@XoomBetaBrava . The "refused as closed" means the Archer sent the connection request from the mobile browser to your computer. Computer doesn't have port 10118 open so replies with a RST message which is interpreted by the browser.

I've tried it on my mobile phone and Archer and my Windows computer with Wireshark. I can see the connection request from the browser.

My Archer is the next firmware release (build 200810) but I don't believe that such a basic function as forwarding doesn't work in yours. BTW, your firmware version (but not later versons) contains OpenVPN server function.

Still think you need to run UDM VPN app on your local computer.

Does the UDM contain a log file for the intrusion detection?

Otherwise, you need to wait for TPG to upgrade the firmware.

XoomBetaBrava
Level 3

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 210413 Rel.19548n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2.0 00000000

updated, same issue- cant do simple port forwarding on this router??? very frustating now.

Yep would liek to use UDM VPN as has more features compare to std open VPN.

david64
Level 15

@XoomBetaBrava . If you are not using the VOIP phone function of the VR1600, you can put it into bridge mode with VLAN ID=2 and configure PPPoE settings on UDM. No port forwarding involved.

XoomBetaBrava
Level 3
Thanks David that bridge mode definitely working. Can I bypass modem at all, mean putting all settings in UDM PRO. As I don’t have Ethernet connection ( only RJ-11) termination from outside wall to home. As I can see right now modem is just phone connection and VLAN -2 Thanks