TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR300 router for FTTC

SOLVED Go to solution
adslwhii2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a TP-Link Archer VR300 router, I have tried to setup for FTTC connection but could not.

Is TP-Link Archer VR300 available for FTTC connection??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Opinion on internet is blue indicates 1Gbps connection to router, amber is 100Mbps.

The specs of VR300 all ethernet ports are 10/100 Mbps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi. Use an ethernet cable to connect the NBN box to the LAN4/WAN (combined) port on the router. Do factory reset on router; it may detect the type of connection. 

In Internet Connection Setup, select VDSL, enable VLAN ID, set it to 2, internet connection type is PPPoE, then your username with @TPG.com.au on the end and password.

NBN box should have 4 blue lights on (power, link, DSL on; 4th light may blink). 

adslwhii2
Level 2

Hi,

I have tried several times but was not successful.

I have reset as factory reset, and connected and left 30mins. In this point light on NBN box is still amber, no blink.

I selected "TPG internet (ADSL)" when quick setup. Then no VDSL setup page navigated. Setup was failed.

I also selected "Others" on quick setup. I have setup VDSL but it seems no EWAN setup section. It seems it needed to be ADSL setup in the section.

I have added two "pppoe_ptm" (VLAN ID =2) and "pppoe_8_35" (ADSL) with @TPG_acs in internet section, same as AC1600, but it did not work.

david64
Level 15

Do the reset and quick setup again.

Select Other in ISP list, but do the rest as in my first post. 

Use your own username and password, not the acs one.

You don't need to add any pppoe names.

Do Save at end.

Does the Internet light on the router turn on?

If not, what lights are on NBN box?  Link,  DSL,  LAN?

adslwhii2
Level 2

Finally I could connect to the Internet by your explanation, thank you.

But LAN light on NBN box is still amber even if I can connect to the Internet. Additional setup is required?

Regards,

david64
Level 15

Info on NBN box (NDD0300) says that blue or amber is ok. Flashing means network activity.

You should try some speed tests at different times to see how it compares to your plan speed.

Use your computer on ethernet.

david64
Level 15

Opinion on internet is blue indicates 1Gbps connection to router, amber is 100Mbps.

The specs of VR300 all ethernet ports are 10/100 Mbps.

J-than
Level 3
Just a note on this - I finally got it working with the above post’s advised settings but the one thing the post failed to mention was the following:

On connection type, I changed it from DSL modem to router, then the software needs a restart to take effect. Then I could log in and get the connection to TPG.

A note on login, the default TPG supplied router has some odd username settings like ecr_tpg@ecr_tpg with the password ecr_tpg.
So you don’t use this for your new byo wireless router.

You use your TPG cyber store living with ‘@tpg.com.au’ added onto the end.

Best of luck. It’s worth getting this set up!