TPG Community

Get online support

Can't login to TP-link Archer C1200 router

SOLVED Go to solution
torcrot
Level 2

Hi all

This is weird.

I am trying to login to the above router so I can change the login details etc. I enter "admin" for login and password, but nothing happens. Well, the green login button goes from green to grey and back to green, but that's it. No home page opens.

Could my router be faulty?

cheers, Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @torcrot 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We can't confirm if the router is already faulty. Are you able to connect to the internet using the router?

Try to turn off and on the router to refresh it, then try again.

If you are still unable to access the router page, try to clear the browsing history of your browser or try another browser.

If all fails, then you might need to reset your router.

Keep us posted if it's still not resolved.

Regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @torcrot 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We can't confirm if the router is already faulty. Are you able to connect to the internet using the router?

Try to turn off and on the router to refresh it, then try again.

If you are still unable to access the router page, try to clear the browsing history of your browser or try another browser.

If all fails, then you might need to reset your router.

Keep us posted if it's still not resolved.

Regards,

BasilDV

torcrot
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

I had previously tried all suggested steps (including reset) before I reached out to the community. No luck with any of the steps.

NBN service is absolutely fine. The only issue I have is lack of access to the router.

I've tried 3 different browsers as well, all to no avail.

So, I just tried clearing cache etc on my Microsoft Edge browser and I was able to access the router.

Sadly still unable to access it via my main browsers - Firefox and Chrome.

What's worse I went back to Edge to try it again, and this time no luck.

I think I need a new router Smiley Sad

Will

Hi @torcrot,

Since it wasn't noted in the previous responses, can you confirm if you have tried it with another computer or even with a mobile phone or a tablet? If it's still not working with another device, please PM me your customer ID or username along with your service address so we can take a look at your account and see what we can do from our end.

Regards,

torcrot
Level 2

@Will wrote:

Hi @torcrot,

Since it wasn't noted in the previous responses, can you confirm if you have tried it with another computer or even with a mobile phone or a tablet? If it's still not working with another device, please PM me your customer ID or username along with your service address so we can take a look at your account and see what we can do from our end.

Regards,

I managed to login and change the login details on my wife's Macbook Air this morning.

However I was still having difficulty logging in on any of my Windows 10 PCs on any of 3 browsers -Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge despite clearing caches.

Just now I tried clearing cache history etc on Chrome, then logged in.

I got a site-block warning from my over-zealous Bitdefender antivirus about the password being sent in plaintext. I hadn't had that warning before.

I over-rode it and login was successful, at least on Chrome. I'll try other browsers later, but at least it is accessible.

Thanks for the assistance

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @torcrot.

Since the router interface page is accessible on another device, it means that there's no issue with your router.

You may try to disable the firewall on your Windows PC just to check if it's blocking the router interface site. Another option that you may try is to set the computer to have a Static IP.

Regards,

BasilDV

Chubby
Level 2

Hi I am having the same trouble logging into my new TP LINK C1200.  I received it today and spent over 30 min waiting to be answered, then i was on the phone with tech support for another 40min where he got me to reset the router first time hold in reset for 10sec but still wouldnt login so held in reset for 30sec. Same result when i login in to 192.168.1.1 or the address which takes you to the same place you are presented with a login screen using the default login details both supplied to me by your tech support and on the botton of the modem admin admin then press login the green login goes grey then goes back to green. I tried putting in . for user and . for password then pressed login it should obviously fail but once again the green login button went grey then back to green. It gives the impression its not even going into the router. Your tech support guy had me reset again and try through both WiFi and direct but no change. My internet connection is now up but i cant login in to change my WiFi password or anything else. Its like the router is locked out. I have tried windows 10 browser, chrome and firefox. I have cleared my cache data and have turned off my virus checker. ?????

Shane

Hi @Chubby,

Welcome to the community!

If your Desktop/laptop on Windows 10 unable to access the modem/router page. Please try to use a different device(s) such as smart phone. You may also use them to access the mode/router page just make sure it is connected Wi-Fi using the default Wi-Fi name and password.

In case you need a reference you may also visit: How to change WiFi password

Cheers!

Chubby
Level 2
Hi thanks for your help yes I was able to log in using my smartphone but not sure why laptop wouldn't do it. All fixed thank you.