TPG Community

Get online support

Connect D-link AX3200 router

danielsim1007
Level 2
Hi team,

I am trying to connect my D-link AX3200 router but it does not seem to connect.
I have set up the Archer VR1600v as a bridge modem and connected the Ethernet cable from the internet port on the d-link router to the WAN port on the Archer modem. The D-Link router detects the internet but will not connect.
I select PPPoE internet connection option on the D-link router and enter my TPG login details, but this still won’t allow me to connect.
Have I done anything wrong? Or am I missing a step?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @danielsim1007 . What type of NBN connection do you have?
You only use the Archer in bridge mode if you have FTTB/FTTN and your main router does not have RJ11 DSL port.

Regarding the D-Link router, the AX3200 indicates wifi speed. It has a proper model number.

At any rate, the WAN port of D-Link router connects to LAN port of Archer.

danielsim1007
Level 2
Hi David,

NBN connection type is FTTB, main router is the archer which has the DSL port.

D-Link model is DIR-X3260, is this compatible with TPG?
david64
Level 15

@danielsim1007 . Is this how you put Archer in bridge mode?

To put VR1600 in bridge mode:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Archer-vr1600v-bridge-mode-Totally-confused/m-p/1...

Basically, delete the VLAN 2 connection and add a new VLAN 2 connection in Bridge mode.

The D-Link will be in standard mode with PPPoE, username and password (no IPTV/VLAN stuff). Connect D-Link WAN port to VR1600 LAN port.

The VLAN 2 refers to your TPG plan. If you have Bundled NBN/VOIP plan (even if you don't use a phone), set VLAN ID=2 in the bridge instructions. If you have Data Only plan, VLAN ID is not used.

When Archer is in bridge mode, you won't be able to login to it.

danielsim1007
Level 2
Hi David,

Yes followed those instructions to put archer into bridge mode.

I have set the d-link to act as a router. The D-link router shows an orange light for internet, meaning “the device cannot connect to the internet”.

Is there another step if should be following to set up the d-link with the archer as a bridge?
david64
Level 15

@danielsim1007 . I'd expect the Archer DSL light to be on since it does the connection to FTTB equipment.

D-Link WAN port connected to Archer LAN port.

D-Link settings are PPPoE, username and password.

D-Link Triple Play feature Disabled. D-Link does not do VLAN.

Can you check the D-Link System Log. There might be an indication of what it can see.

danielsim1007
Level 2
Hi David,

I had to disable the triple play featured. I am now connected.

Thanks for your help