Connection Issues

lukeselmes
Level 2
I have been looking at the newly installed broadband equipment configuration screen for hours. My NBN has been so slow for a week that I decided to restart my modem which has now lead me to this and having no internet at all. I’ve tried to call support but have had no assistance at all. At wits end not knowing where to go from here. Can someone help please?
9 REPLIES 9
david64
Level 15

Hi lukeselmes. Can you log into the router's admin page and check that it still has your config details. PPPoE, username with @TPG.com.au and password. If not FTTP connection, set VLAN ID=2.

lukeselmes
Level 2
The router admin page will not load for me using my 4G.
david64
Level 15

Can you try doing the factory reset and reconnect.

lukeselmes
Level 2
I have done this and have reset my details however have still come across this page.
Ahra_G

Hi @lukeselmes

I've managed to locate your account and remote tests showed that your internet is now working for almost 9hrs. 

Feel free to let us know should you still require further assistance. 

Cheers! 

lukeselmes
Level 2
I have re-connected but however my wireless speed is terrible. So bad that pages won’t load on safari. How do I fix this issue?
Riezl

Hi @lukeselmes, can you check the speed using only one device directly connected to the modem via ethernet cable?

If it's not possible for you to check the speed via wired connection, please connect only one device to the Wi-Fi and make sure that there are no programs running on the device background so we can get an accurate result.

Please check the speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/

We'll wait for the screenshot of the speed test result. Thank you.

BasilDV

Hi @lukeselmes

The test result that you've sent is taken using a device that is connected to the WiFi. Do you have any computer that can be connected via Wired for comparison?

This will help narrow down the issue if it's within the WiFi or within the NBN connection itself.

BasilDV