TPG Community

Get online support

Connection lost to TP-LINK Archer VR1600v

Jono87
Level 3
I reported the same issue on 10/05/19 re:TP link vr1600v - lost wifi connection

There same syndrome reoccured again for the last week or so.

The issue is computer and devices unable to reconnect to the router. When this occurs mobile phone can only connect to the internet via 4g network.

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n
Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Last time the issue disappeared after factory reset with the help of TPG technician.
Can I get a replacement modem please?

24 REPLIES 24
BasilDV

Hi @Jono87 ,

Thanks for getting back to us.

When you lost the WiFi connection, did you check if the service is working via Wired connection? If not, are you able to check if you are able to access the internet via Wired?

The WiFi signal may be experiencing some interference that causes the issue within your wireless network.

What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far? Are you still not able to detect your WiFi network? What is the light status of your modem?

Regards,

BasilDV

Jono87
Level 3
Hi,

PC connected via wire can access internet.
WIFI signal was full on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

When we lost connection the only solution is to restart router. Restarting mobile phone didn't solve the problem.

This is happening everyday now
Jono87
Level 3
Also lost access to modem admin page.

Please adivise suggestion
BasilDV

Hi @Jono87,

Thanks for the information.

Did you notice the WiFi/WLAN light on the router if it was off or on when the issue happened?

You may also try to change the WiFi settings as your Wired connection was working. We've created an article that will guide you on how to improve your WiFi network. Here's the link.

If the issue still persists, please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Regards,

BasilDV

Jono87
Level 3

Wifi and WLAN lights were green.

We always have full wifi signal. I have changed the channel setting as recommended by the article anyway.

I will provide an update in a couple of days.

Jono87
Level 3

Mobile phones unable to reconnect to wifi when we return home this afternoon.

The router needed to be restarted.

Shane

Thanks for the additional details, @Jono87.

We'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for real-time testing and investigation.

PM us your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Jono87
Level 3

Hi Shane,

The replacement modem arrived yesterday. All worked well until tonight.

The modem suddently lost wire, wifi and internet connections which ocurred twice so far.

When the issue occured all lights were out except the power light. 

Please refer to attachment for pic.

Shane

Hi @Jono87,

Thanks for the details. We ran an initial test to your service its shows the service has been re-established and now connected for 40m. I will keep an eye on your connection for the next 24hrs and see if the issue will occur again.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!