TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link Viper DSL-3900 Settings

Kingsley2011
Level 2
I am trying to configure my new modem/router, are there any particular settings I should input?

Is this device compatible with TPG?

The internet speed seems slower and keeps disconnecting my clients...
8 REPLIES 8
2fly
Level 5

Hi @Kingsley2011

Base on their webpage and manual it can support all internet product

Now configuring it will depend on what kind of internet you have.

is it ADSL2+, TPG FTTB or NBN?

If you have NBN what kind of NBN is it?

• NBN FTTN
  • NBN HFC
  • NBN FTTP
  • NBN Fix Wireless
  • NBN FTTC

Kingsley2011
Level 2
Hi @2fly,

Thanks for your reply. It is currently ADSL2+.
Sorry I forgot to mention that...
2fly
Level 5

oh if it's only ADSL2+ just run the setup wizzard and you should be fine

just make sure that you selece ADSL on the connection type, VPI is 8 / VCI: 35 and use PPPoE and don't forget to enter your TPG credentials.

Erika

Hi @Kingsley2011!

Welcome to the Community! 

Here is a great article here at our TPG Community with some helpful tips in Setting up an ADSL2+ connection that may assist you: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Setting-up-ADSL2-and-modem-configuration/td-p/635.

Should you need our further assistance, please feel free to bump up this thread. Smiley Happy 

Regards, 

cogle91
Level 2

Hi @2fly ,

I saw this post in regards to the Viper DSL 3900 and I had a few questions.

I was looking at buying this model for my TPG FTTB(VDSL2), can I use this as my modem router instead of the provided one?

Second, the reason behind this is because of this issue here

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-get-Xbox-Live-working-on-TP-Link-Routers/t...

Assuming that I can configure the modem router correctly, would I be able to Port Forward for my Xbox and be hard wired? 

BasilDV

Hi @cogle91,

Yes, you may use it with your TPG FTTB as long as you can configure it correctly, but the home phone will not work since the setting is embedded in the firmware of the modem that we provide.

Assuming that I can configure the modem router correctly, would I be able to Port Forward for my Xbox and be hard wired? 

- One of the customers who comment on the link that you've provided uses a Netgear modem with no issues. It can confirm that you can use wired and port forward with a non TPG modem.

Regards,

BasilDV

cogle91
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV for confirming that it would work with TPG services, I was able to get it up and running.

darrenahunter
Level 2

Hi

I have the same set up a DLink DSL-3900 and trying to use this to connect to TPG NBN - I have tried so many combination.

Hoping you can help and let me know what you have in setting that made it work

thanks