TPG Community

Get online support

Demolition - NBN Service Needs to be De-Activated by TPG

crimex168
Level 2
Hi TPG,
I'm in a similar situation raised by @SixCarbon3 on ‎09-06-2023 12:02 PM.
My existing home NBN have been abolished and ready for demolition.
And I've switched TPG NBN service to my rental.
But NBN sent me a mail -
"However, our records cannot be updated to reflect removal of nbn® assets, as there appears to be an active service at your property address.

As your service is managed by your preferred phone and internet provider, please contact them to arrange disconnection.

Once this has been completed, please advise us so we can update nbn records."

Please advise on what I need to do?
4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @crimex168 

We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

SixCarbon3
Level 3

@crimex168 I am sorry to hear that you are in the same predicament as me but it is also good to hear that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

TPG has responded to my query and are still looking into the issue. It seems to be a tricky one for them to understand where the problem lies but they have at least been very responsive and are trying to help. I have had a few different Support Staff get involved (and different Departments) and have been told that it should be de-activated as the account has been moved over to the rental address (which happened a couple of months ago now) but this may have been an assumption based upon the present facts. I notified the NBN Removal Team yesterday that the provider thinks that the line should be de-activated by now BUT the Relocation Team immediately checked and sent me back a screen shot showing that it is still "Active".

It is a little concerning that this is not a straight forward request and did not happen automatically when moving the account over to a different address as we can't have been the first customers to ever do this I would have thought. Maybe because the account was not actually physically transferred over but instead a new account had to be created, and the old one supposedly terminated, as a part of the TPG "Moving House" procedure?

I will post the solution on here once it is evident. But for now the TPG team are looking into it further. The last correspondence I had with them was yesterday when I notified them of the "Active" status as still being shown when checked by the NBN Removal Team.

SixCarbon3
Level 3

@crimex168 ; Have TPG been able to resolve your issue? I am still waiting for an update after the last communicaton on the 16/06/23.

BasilDV

Hi @crimex168 

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV