TPG Community

Get online support

Does TP-Link AC1200 is locked the speed?

sdcl3312
Level 2

Dear Officer,

I had to change to LBNCo because of moving home. My new connection is 250Mbps, and if I connect the computer directly to the fibre device, I can get a full speed around 248Mbps.

However, when I connect the AC1200 from TPG, it can surf the Internet, but the Internet speed is limited to below 100Mbps.

Could you please help me with that?

Regards,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @sdcl3312

Welcome to the Community!

You may check the QoS setting if it's set to 100Mbps only. You may check the manual or emulator here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c1200/#Emulators

BasilDV

sdcl3312
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I checked the QoS setting and it's in the highest possible setting, which is 1,000,000 Kbps. Meanwhile, I tried to disable the QoS setting, the speed is little faster, around 120Mbps, but still far away from the 250Mbps. 

Do you have any other idea?

Regards.

BasilDV

Hi @sdcl3312

You may contact the manufacturer or the support of TP-Link to further check this.

You also have the option to use another router that can provide you a 250Mbps speed via WiFi.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

sdcl3312
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

As the firmware of the router is TPG customised, the manufacturer can not give enough support. And I already contact them before post this question. 

The Archer C1200 as a Gigabit router, it should provide 250Mbps at least for wired connection, unless it's broken. 

Therefore, can I upgrade the general firmware from TP-link website? If not, could you please provide the latest firmware for me? My current version is 1.0.0 Build 20190918 rel.40638(EU)

Regrads.

Riezl

Hi @sdcl3312, please note that the actual speed for the service will always depend on the plan you're on. Aside from this, you need to consider a lot of factors that may affect the actual speed.

We can no longer update the firmware of the router unless you're still an active TPG customer, who has an active account with us. You may try to push the firmware which is indicated on the TP Link website, but this is already beyond our scope of support. Or you may use a different router for comparative testing.