FIRMWARE UPDATE

Leesa1971
Level 2

Can I also please have a firmware update on my 3yr old Huawei Modem- HG659 and really, why do we even have to ask?

This should be as automatic as going to the toilet.

Why isn't there any options on the Huawei Gateway UI to control these things, after all, it's a Huawei Modem and we're in there trying to secure our privacy and protect our data from hackers....

Anyway, I would love to have my modem updated as I have just been hacked and my iphone is telling me that this network is 'weak security' and advises me that "WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is NOT considered secure" and advises me to 'configure my router to use WPA2 (AES) OR WPA security types" (pls see atatched screengrab from the phone) and yet I am unable to find any of these settings on the TPG page, nor the actual Huawei modem HUAWEI Home Gateway, so your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @Leesa1971

In order for you to edit your WiFi security settings or password, you have to login to the modem interface.

Just open a web browser and key in the IP '192.168.1.1'. Once inside, it will ask for the login password, the default is 'admin' for both username and password.

On the said page, you'll see the WLAN settings, go there and you'll be able to personalise your WiFi network.

The Huawei modem does not support WPA3 security, but it is still secured as long as you make necessary measures like changing your WiFi password every week, making sure that you don't visit any site that may give your computer a malware or spyware, don't click on any link that's suspicious and make sure that your anti virus is updated.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the current firmware of your device for us to request the update.

BasilDV