TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB 2.4 dropping out, 5G fine

SOLVED Go to solution
mikes267
Level 2

About a week ago my 2.4 connection started dropping out, but my 5G connection is still working fine.

I have a FTTB account with dual band Huawei router that came from TPG. Some of my devices such as laptop and TV still use 2.4 while other laptops and phones use 5G.

Is there any obvious reason for this?

Do I need to get a new Router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @mikes267,

I've seen you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and performed additional troubleshooting. Please be advised that a modem/router has been requested as a resolution for the wireless dropout.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @mikes267,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details. I ran initial tests on your service it shows connected for 5d 18h 17m and getting a passing speed on the line. The issue you currently experience most likely affecting only the wireless connection speed. We did an article on how to improve your wireless connection available here.

Let us know how it will go.

mikes267
Level 2

Thanks Shane,

I have done a reset of the modem and it is in the same room as the tv and laptop using 2.4g and it still drops out. I have tried changing the 2.4 channels to a few different ones and still it happens. I don't have any other competing devices on 2.4 so it is getting very frustrating.

Do you think I need a new modem/router? if so, will any dual range one work with my FTTB account?

Mike

Shane

Hi @mikes267,

Thanks for the additional details. Any VDSL2+ modem/router can be use with your FTTB service. I would like to arrange one of our Technicians to call you for further test and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time, in case you need a reference. How do I private message (PM) in the community

I will wait for your response; cheers!

Shane

Hi @mikes267,

Thanks for sending me your details. I arranged one of our Technicians to call you later today between 5-6PM AEDST.

Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @mikes267,

I've seen you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and performed additional troubleshooting. Please be advised that a modem/router has been requested as a resolution for the wireless dropout.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

mikes267
Level 2

Thanks Shane, much appreciated for following through with my problem.

Cheers

Mike

Shane

You're always welcome! 😄