TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN LAN light flashing blue

SOLVED Go to solution
jarrodguppy03
Level 2
I recently got new nbn for my house and I have connected everything as I was told in the manual but the LAN light in my nbn device hasn’t stopped flashing blue over an hour
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@jarrodguppy03 . I misunderstood you first post. The blue LAN light will flash irregularly indicating a connection to the router. If you remove the router cable, the light goes off. On the VX, the WAN light should stay on indicating a connection to the NBN box.

The VX config is PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au, passsword. If you are on bundled NBN/VOIP plan, set VLAN ID=2. If BYO data only plan or the 200/250 speeds, VLAN ID is not used.

If Internet not connecting, the VX system log might have a clue.

Is the user guide on paper or softcopy (pdf). If a pdf, could you email it to me? I'll PM you an email address.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @jarrodguppy03 . First 3 blue lights are on?

Are you using ethernet cable from NBN box to Internet/WAN port on router (blue port on VR1600)?

jarrodguppy03
Level 2
Yes to all of those, but I believe my modem model is the VX420-G2V
david64
Level 15

@jarrodguppy03 . VX420 should have been preconfigured for FTTC. LAN light should come on if the VX is set for ethernet wan, as opposed to DSL connection.

You mentioned a manual. Is it a real User Guide or just an info sheet?

jarrodguppy03
Level 2
It is a real user guide. The light is still flashing and now my internet light on my modem is not turning on. All of the other lights on my modem are on as well
david64
Level 15

@jarrodguppy03 . I misunderstood you first post. The blue LAN light will flash irregularly indicating a connection to the router. If you remove the router cable, the light goes off. On the VX, the WAN light should stay on indicating a connection to the NBN box.

The VX config is PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au, passsword. If you are on bundled NBN/VOIP plan, set VLAN ID=2. If BYO data only plan or the 200/250 speeds, VLAN ID is not used.

If Internet not connecting, the VX system log might have a clue.

Is the user guide on paper or softcopy (pdf). If a pdf, could you email it to me? I'll PM you an email address.

jarrodguppy03
Level 2
Hi there I figure out the issue and my internet is up and running thank you for all the help