TPG Community

Get online support

Factory Rest of TP-LINK VR1600v

AndrewMak
Level 2

Hi,

When I tried to login to the TPG supplied TP-LINK VR1600v modem, the admin password I used is not what I believe it should be, hence, this leaves me with no choice but to factory reset the modem.

Before I schedule a time to factory reset it; with lockdown and whole family is using the NBN FTTC connection; I have to negotiate a time. Can I please confirm the following:

1) after the factory reset, all TPG customization when the modem was delivered to me will still be there?

2) I basically need to do a fresh installation just identical to the process I did when I 1st received the modem from TPG; ie when I first activate NBN FTTC ?

3) Any setup I did to the modem, I will need to re-enter them?

Regards,

Andrew Mak

Regards,

Andrew Mak

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @AndrewMak

Thanks for raising this with us.

1) after the factory reset, all TPG customization when the modem was delivered to me will still be there? - Yes

In case you need to manually configure the modem, you may check this article: How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

2) I basically need to do a fresh installation just identical to the process I did when I 1st received the modem from TPG; ie when I first activate NBN FTTC ? - You are correct.

3) Any setup I did to the modem, I will need to re-enter them? That's right!

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV