TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware update for VR1600v

damjanov
Level 2

Hi team!

I've switched bcak to my VR1600v after using a different router for the past 9 months. I've noticed that the firmware on my TP-Link seems to be outdated compared to what others on the forum are indicating.

Currently:

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180306 Rel.63433n

How do I go about getting a firmware updated pushed to my router, as I cannot find the TPG specific updates available anywhere online.

Thank you kindly in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @damjanov

Welcome to the Community! 

I have raised a request to our Technical team to check the firmware of your equipment and whether an update is necessary. 

We'll be in touch as soon as we hear from them.

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @damjanov

The firmware has now been successfully updated. 

Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

petebaker
Level 3

Hi All

Apparently, Australia is under cyber attack and TPG does not update modems automatically at all. This seems rather bizarre and irresponsible to me.

Despite bringing this up in these forums in the past, I think my modem has never been updated and I can't seem to do it myself.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Does anyone have any ideas if there is an update and, if so, how I can get firmware updated?

Thanks very much!

Peter

Shane

Hi @petebaker,

The modem that we provide is optimised to complement our specifically configured modem settings. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

On the other hand, I was able to confirm that the modem/router has the latest firmware version. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

petebaker
Level 3

Hi Shane

Thanks very much!

The modem works very well but I was concerned there seems to be no easy way to find out if there is a firmware update other than put up a question on this forum. After I posted, I saw several people seemed to have firmware with later looking version numbers. My previous Fritzbox modem had similar specs and would ocasionally let me know that it needed updating which seems to be a more modern and security conscious approach.

Thanks again for such a quick response!

Regards, Peter