Firmware update

ellentaylor911
Level 2

Hi, I'm currently running firmware 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n (Archer VR1600v v2 00000000).

The 5Ghz network doesn't show up at all.

Could you please update my router?

Cheers,

Ellen.

11 REPLIES 11
david64
Level 15

Hi @ellentaylor911 . Has the 5G network suddenly stopped working or has it never worked?

On the Archer, is the 5G light on or off?

Is the 5G network missing even with your wifi device next to the Archer?

You might consider a factory reset before firmware upgrade.

ellentaylor911
Level 2

Hi @david64 

The 5G network has never worked and was only installed mid February. The 5G light is on and is not discoverable by any of my devices. All of them are able to detect other 5G networks also which makes it stranges that my 5G network doesn't show up. Yes, it is still missing despite being next to the Archer.

I tried the factory reset as advised, the 5G network popped up momentarily and presented a "cannot connect to network" error before disappearing again.

I am not sure what else to do other than a firmware upgrade.

david64
Level 15

Hi @ellentaylor911 . Firmware upgrade may fix. Sounds more like a faulty router.

Do you use the VPN function in the router? Latest firmware has that function removed.

Ahra_G

Hi @ellentaylor911

I have since raised your concern to our Tech team to check if your equipment has the latest firmware. 

If not updated, they will proceed in doing so which will take effect within 24-48hrs. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

ellentaylor911
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

Thank you. I will wait to see what happens. 

@david64I don't use the VPN function, hopefully the firmware won't make too much difference. Thank you for your advice.

ellentaylor911
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G,

The 5G Network is now showing up but only intermittently. It seems to appear for 5-10 minutes and disspear from 20 minutes to an hour. Is another factory reset recommended?

The 5G Network also shows 'no internet connection' while the 2.4G works perfectly fine.

Ahra_G

Hi @ellentaylor911

I have organised a call back to be made today from our Technical Team to assist you with this concern. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

maphrils
Level 2

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. 5GHz SSID does not show up on my devices. If I restart my modem it might come up for a short while but doesn't stay. What information do you need from me?

Firmware version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Cheers,

Matt

Shane

Hi @maphrils,

Thanks for raising this to us, please perform a factory reset on the modem/router and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. 5GHz SSID does not show up on my devices. If I restart my modem it might come up for a short while but doesn't stay. What information do you need from me?

Firmware version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Cheers,

Matt