TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware upgrade for Archer vr1600v v2

SOLVED Go to solution
Nav1
Level 2

Hi,   Please advise on updating following:   Current version -  Firmware Version – 0.1.0.0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n Hardware Version – Archer VR1600 v2 00000000   Thanks  

Riezl

Hi @Nav1, please be advised that your modem has the latest firmware. Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

mbanh
Level 3

Why TPG supply a modem which is customer can not check and update by self ? 

Many people is not able to ask or contact TPG for this issue ....

Think about this !

Shane

Hi @mbanh,

We’ve optimised the setup of our Supplied modem/router to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. Our Engineers can only make a change or upgrade the firmware of our supplied modem for security purposes.

Regards,

Why TPG supply a modem which is customer can not check and update by self ? 

Many people is not able to ask or contact TPG for this issue ....

Think about this !

BP22183
Level 2

Hi,

Can you please confirm if I have the latest firmware on my Modem

Firmware version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Thanks

Riezl

Hi @BP22183, we can confirm that your modem has the latest firmware. Let us know should you need further assistance. Cheers!

Dineshk1
Level 2

Hi, based on my modem info it appears my modem has not had the latest firmware upgraded. where do I get this file from? thanks in advance. Dinesh

Device Information
Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n
Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000
Riezl

Hi @Dineshk1, we can confirm that your modem has the latest firmware. If you need further assistance, feel free to PM us your account details. Thank you.

Dineshk1
Level 2

ok thanks for the reply.

based on the first entry in the chat it had:

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

just assumed Rel.72265n was higher number than what I currently have. 

nlegasto
Level 2

This is the 4 million dollar question. This modem defies conventional settings for range especially with 2.4ghz wifi. Which is the back bone frequency of wifi  able to overcome obstacles etc. Comparing to 5ghz wifi.Convention teaches us that for 2.4 ghz wifi best settings are bandwidth of 20 mhz . And channels 1,6,12  as the best settings. But when tried on this router the the wifi signal is good but you can connect and surf the internet within a 3-4 meter no "obstruction" distance from the router only. Anything beyond that its a hit or miss connection problems/ no internet etc. Some technician from TPG  suggested a no brainer, set everthing automatic.In some cases there is a very small improvement. Best to use an after market router or use their supplied router as the secondary or behind your primary router.. Their firmware is tightly controlled and effectively cripples the router to no end......