TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware upgrade for Archer vr1600v v2

SOLVED Go to solution
TimH
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV,

I went through that process which is really a pain as all the configurations is lost. After the factory reset the parental controls work for a couple of weeks and then it starts playing up again.

When was the last time TPG updated the firmware for this device ? It is really annoying having to keep to create new entries and deleting old ones, there is clearly a bug with this.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @TimH

Currently, there's no information if there will be any firmware update for the said device.

Since you've already exhausted all possible troubleshooting, then you might need to upgrade to a new modem/router.

You also have the option to get an access point or Mesh network that has parental control feature.

BasilDV

TimH
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV,

Does TPG still provide the same device ? Can it be swapped with a new device ?

I shouldn't really be purchasing another device just because the device I have has a bug and isn't being updated.

I would prefer not to switch providers just because of this!

Thanks

Shane

Hi @TimH,

The issue is likely to occur using our different supplied modem as TPG loads it's custom firmware on all our supplied modem/router so that it can match with the system we use to provide with TPG NBN internet and homephone. This is also done for added security and privacy of the connection.

Regards,

TimH
Level 2

Thanks Shane but if it is a different brand or model then it would be different and it is worth trying.

If you can advise how could I swap, that would be appreciated

Regards

Shane

Send us a PM with your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) to see if the mode is still under warranty also what other alternative options we have. 

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Mv4rDsW8
Level 2

I also needed the latest firmware. My WiFi modem is freezing a couple of times each day. Power cycle fixes the problem. So the problem is definitely with the modem and not with the NBN FTC NUT. I have spoken with a TPG engineer last week (under a support ticket) who promised to email me the firmware last week. But the firmware has never received. Please help.

BasilDV

Hi @Mv4rDsW8

The firmware update is being applied remotely by our Engineers.

We'd like to check if it was applied to your device.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the current firmware of your device.

BasilDV

itrooper
Level 2

I wouldn't mind a copy of the latest firmware myself, as I pay for the NBN Broadband Unlimited Superfast, and I should be seeing speeds around 200Mbps, but only seen an average of 90Mbps lately. I already tried resetting the modem, there has been no changes above 90Mbps.

TPG charged me $10 and sent me out the Archer vr1600v v2 stating "This should fix the problem" as my olllllllllllllllllld Netcomm modem isn't up to handling these kinds of speeds, not to mention it lacked 5G Wifi.

So far I'm fairly disappointed in TPG's service and lack of being able to promise the 200Mbps speeds I pay for.

My firmware details are as follows
Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200925 Rel.13594nb Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Ahra_G

Hi @itrooper

We'll have your modem's firmware checked and update if needed. 

We'd be happy to also check the status of your service. PM us with your TPG details so we can search for your account. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G