TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware upgrade for Archer vr1600v v2

SOLVED Go to solution
DSpark
Level 2

With all due respect, the app is pretty useless for this problem.

It does not show the model number of the modem.

des64
Level 2

I was recently provided a TP Link router from my NBN provider but I seem to suffer regular wireless drop outs on all my wireless devices.  I would like to check & maybe change the channel, which is currently set to 'AUTO'.

I think I should be able to change my channel to ensure no conflict with other devices nearby however there does not appear to be the ability in the current firmware.  Any idea what the latest firmware version is?

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 210225 Rel.44260n

Shane

Hey, des64

Please post a screenshot of the modem/router's GUI for it's Wireless Settings on this thread for reference. Also send us a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) we will check this with our Engineering Team for investigation.

Regards,

I was recently provided a TP Link router from my NBN provider but I seem to suffer regular wireless drop outs on all my wireless devices.  I would like to check & maybe change the channel, which is currently set to 'AUTO'.

I think I should be able to change my channel to ensure no conflict with other devices nearby however there does not appear to be the ability in the current firmware.  Any idea what the latest firmware version is?

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 210225 Rel.44260n

ssib
Level 2

Could you please check my modems firmware and kindly update it with the latest version.

My modem details are as follows:

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200925 Rel.13594nb

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Kind regards

Shane

Hey, ssib.

Send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can request a Firmware update for the modem.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Could you please check my modems firmware and kindly update it with the latest version.

My modem details are as follows:

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200925 Rel.13594nb

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Kind regards

BasilDV

Hi @ssib

The firmware has been updated.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

TimH
Level 2

Hi,

Can you please advise how to upgrade the Archer firmware ?

There is a bug with the parental controls  when you set time restrictions, it is very much hit and miss and it is really annoying

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

Please help

Ahra_G

Hi @TimH

The details posted from your modem appears to be the latest version. 

If you are trying to set up Parental Control, you can visit this thread: 

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/TPG-Community-Feedback/Parental-control/td-p/85296

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

TimH
Level 2

Thank you Ahra_G,

The router hasn't recieved any updates since we switched to NBN and that was three years ago in June 2019. Can you please double check ?

With regards to the parental controls, what I am experiencing is that the controls sometimes work and sometimes don't. For example, I add my son's laptop using scan and it picks up the MAC address then I set a schedule to allow internet from 4 pm to 9 pm every day. I save and exit and it works for a day or two then the internet won't turn on at the expected time. Sometimes I restart the router and it works, sometimes I have to change the MAC address entry and create a new entry for that laptop's MAC address for it to work again and sometimes it works for a week, sometimes for a few hours. Very frustrating and I hope you can help

Thanks

Tim

BasilDV

Hi @TimH

We can confirm that the current device already has the latest firmware available.

You may try to factory reset the modem/router and reconfigure the Parental control.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV