TPG Community

Get online support

GRRRRR Network Cable unplugged (its not!!!!) Huawei HG659

Nessa
Level 2

Hey guys,

I posted a few weeks ago and i still cannot get the desktop to connect to the Internet. It keeps saying cable unplugged. I've done a factory reset on the modem, changed cords etc etc, my voip phone will work off this port (LAN 2). How do i change the adaptor so i can test it off another port or i can't -tpg has to auto config that? screen shots attached of modem and ipconfig results on desktop. Running Windows Vista, no wifi (she's a old girl lol). All other devices connect without issue via wifi.

I really don't know what i am doing, all help truly appreciated Smiley Happy

Ness

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi Ness.

Were you ever able to connect your desktop to this router? Or was the desktop working and just stopped working? Did the VOIP phone ever work on this router?

Did you say that your VOIP work phone is working on LAN port 2? If so, it should also work on the other lan ports. You should be able to use a tablet to view the lan statistics page in the router and see the received and sent counts go up on each port as you plug your voip phone in. Use the voip phone to call your mobile and then vice versa. First, turn router off/on so statistic counts are set to zero.

(TPG preconfigure the router for analog (home) phone via Phone1/2 port.) 

If the voip phone is not working, likely the desktop won't work either. But you can do the same procedure checking lan statistics when you plug the desktop into each port.

One of your pictures shows LAN2 and LAN4 with Sent counts but no Received counts. Might indicate that the router is sending gibberish out on the port or that the router cannot detect data being received.

You could use Windows Task Manager, Networking tab to see if the desktop is receiving data and trying to send data back.

In your previous post, you mentioned a secondary modem. What model is it? Have you used it to replace the HG659? Or was it used for ADSL? Regardless, if you connect the desktop to this router, ipconfig should show media connected, and it might also show an ip address. Would mean that the desktop ethernet port is ok.

david64
Level 15

P.S. Did you have further contact with the moderator after your post back in August?

Shane

Hi @Nessa,

Thanks for raising this to us. As mentioned by @david64 if you connect the desktop to this router, ipconfig should show media connected.

However the IP config result shows that its not detecting the modem/router's IP address, Is there a chance you can use a different device to connect using Ethernet/LAN cable for comparative test? 

You may need to check the LAN driver of the laptop/desktop or make its on latest driver.

Regards,

Hey guys,

I posted a few weeks ago and i still cannot get the desktop to connect to the Internet. It keeps saying cable unplugged. I've done a factory reset on the modem, changed cords etc etc, my voip phone will work off this port (LAN 2). How do i change the adaptor so i can test it off another port or i can't -tpg has to auto config that? screen shots attached of modem and ipconfig results on desktop. Running Windows Vista, no wifi (she's a old girl lol). All other devices connect without issue via wifi.

I really don't know what i am doing, all help truly appreciated Smiley Happy

Ness