TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 Dropping Out

muzzle
Level 2

Hello,

I have a HG 659 router and an Arris NBN modem. Since we had this connected (3 months), the HG 659 drops out at least a dozen times a day. I powercycle and the signal is restored. All lights on the modem remain green, but the "internet" and "wan" lights on the router go out when the dropouts happen.

It's incredibly frustrating, and I'd love a solution.

13 REPLIES 13
luisc

Hi Muzzle,

Have you tried to powercycle the NBN box?.

There is also a possible issue on the service. Could you tried to contact Technical support?

muzzle
Level 2

Hi luisc,

I haven't tried powercycling the NBN modem, I will try that.

I can't get in touch with technical support, they're always busy. 

luisc

Due to Covid-19 We are expecting delays on the reply.

Please check the power adaptor for the modem HG569 must be 12Vdc 2A

luisc

I have noticed some users are connecting the TPG HG659 with the old ADSL power adaptor 12VDC 1A!!

The device will run fine for few months or years damaging the modem and creating drops on the service.

The correct power adaptor 12VDC 2A

After that, You can tried with at spare modem or loan one. Just ask to TPG technical support for more assistance

muzzle
Level 2

Hi,

It is definitely a 2A power supply.

Thanks

muzzle
Level 2

This issue got slightly better, but has become even worse over the past few weeks. Now I have to reboot the router several times a day. I regularly have some devices that are connected to the router but have no internet, while other devices also connected via the same access point do have internet. TPG support is impossible to contact. As I'm not getting what I'm paying for, can I cancel my contract?

muzzle
Level 2

Hello, the issue is still occurring. Can I please get a call from tech support to organise a replacement router?

Thanks

sajalm

Hi @muzzle ,

Sorry for the the inconvenience,

We will escalete this issue, pls wait for our team to contact you,

Regards,

Sajal

muzzle
Level 2

Hi @sajalm 

A week later and still nobody has contacted me. Can you please ask someone to get in touch urgently? 

Thanks