TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 not broadcasting 5GHz

vkharibabu
Level 2

howdy folks,

my HG659 has stopped broadcasting in 5GHz since last week, thought the status say that 5GHz is turned ON. There was no change done from my end, the gateway seem to have the latest FW. None of my 5GHz capable devices are able to see the 5GHz from the gateway. The devices can see other 5GHz networks with no problem.

Product type:HG659
Device ID:00E0FC-J3N8W16805004362
Hardware version:VER.B
Software version:V100R001C216B013

I have tried disabling and enabling the 5GHz on the gateway and a reboot as well. I don't want to perform a factory reset at this point since I do have quite a few configurations and don't want to loose them (a bit surprised that the gateway doesn't let you take a backup of the settings)

Also is there a way to see when the latest firmware was remote pushed to my device? The system logs are useless in this regard.
27 REPLIES 27
Shane

Hi @vkharibabu,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details! Allow me to request an upgrade for your modem/router's firmware and see if that will fix the Visibility Issue of its wireless 5ghz network.

Please be advised that updates will be provided on Monday. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

vkharibabu
Level 2

Thanks Shane.

Things have gotten worse. Now the 2.4GHz is also dropping every few hours and the router shows only the power and LAN lights as ON (I do have stuff connected to LAN), the WAN, internet and WLAN lights are turned off. I am having to restart the router atleast 4 times a day. I am hoping for the f/w upgrade to fix this as well.

Shane

You're welcome @vkharibabu.

Hopefully the firmware upgrade will make your wireless connection more stable. I want to set your expectation that if a firmware upgrade won't fix the wireless network issue I may recommend to perform a factory reset.

We'll provide you updates with your modem's firmware on Monday.

Cheers!

vkharibabu
Level 2

is there a changelog available somewhere listing out what is new in the firmware?

BasilDV

Hi @vkharibabu,

We've checked the modem and learned that it already has the latest firmware.

Since you don't want to perform a factory reset on the modem, you might need to try changing the wireless settings of your modem. You may refer to our community link.

If the LAN connection is also affected by the issues, you may need to reset the modem back to its default settings.

Keep us posted on what will happen.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

vkharibabu
Level 2

Hello @BasilDV

As indicated in my first post, the software version was V100R001C216B013 when I posted this topic. I can see many people are requesting for and is being updated with the version V100R001C216B113. 

How would that make my modem running the latest fw? Or do you mean that it would have been updated in the interim? I'll check and update on the version I see on the modem once I get back home.

vkharibabu
Level 2

Update: Just checked and modem is still showing below

Hardware version:VER.B
Software version:V100R001C216B013

Just curious how it was decided that the modem has the latest FW version? Would appreciate it the latest version V100R001C216B113 is pushed to the modem.

Ahra_G

That sounds odd but we will have this checked again by our Technical Team tomorrow,  @vkharibabu

Thanks! 

BasilDV

Hi @vkharibabu,

The firmware V100R001C216B013 and V100R001C216B113 are for different products.

Your modems firmware V100R001C216B013 is the latest version for your specific HG659 modem.

Kind regards,

BasilDV