TPG Community

Get online support

How do I upgrade firmware on Huawei HG659

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

Hi @danielppercy, we have already requested a firmware upgrade.

We're expecting to receive an update on Monday and we will revert to you as soon as a feedback becomes available.

tech91
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @tech91,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and requested a firmware upgrade. Further updates will be provided within 24hrs.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

@Shane wrote:

Hi @tech91,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and requested a firmware upgrade. Further updates will be provided within 24hrs.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Thank you for that Shane and I can now easily log into the router. Though I now have an issue with the VOIP line being constantly engaged - both incoming and outgoing. I have already DC the phone and tried all the obvious fixes. Can you "refresh" the line and see if that resolvs the issue please - Regards Tom C

Shane

Hi @tech91,

I ran initial tests on your connection and it seems your home phone service is currently not register to our Network. Please turn off the modem/router for 2-3mins then turn it back on again.

This will refresh the modem / router's home phone configuration settings to get connected to our network

Regards,

northern
Level 2

Hi,

Can I get my firmware upgrade as well.

Is that new firmware imporve WIFI quality?

Product type:HG659
Device ID:00E0FC-J3N8W16A19004453
Hardware version:VER.B
Software version:V100R001C216B013
Rica_R

Hi @northern,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We appreciate you sending out this details, we'll be requesting this now for firmware update. We'll keep you posted once firmware has been updated. Thank you.

Rica_R

Hi @northern,

We received a notification that your modem already has the latest Firmware. Should you require any further assistance, please let us know. Thanks. 

johnpari
Level 2

Hello,

Would you please be able to update our firmware as soon as possible?

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17509007421
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

Cheers Smiley Happy
BasilDV

Hi @johnpari,

Welcome to TPG community!

We've requested for your modem firmware to be updated. We'll update you once done.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @johnpari,

Good news! The firmware of your modem has been updated.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

smithy2167
Level 2

I'm also having problems with this piece of junk modem - Huawei HG659. 

The WiFi seems completely scrambled, showing all these phantom connections and devices that have long since gone, despite me manually deleting them.  It also sometimes blocks internet access on an Android tablet.

Current firmware version: V100R001C216B111

In the hope that it will fix some of the issues, can you please update the firmware?