TPG Community

Get online support

How to back up settings in the Archer VR1600v

Shane

Hi @kinesia,

We understand that these features are useful; hence, our supplied modem, which comes with modified firmware, does not support these advanced modem features. We will treat this as a complaint; send us a PM with your details so we can lodge a complaint on your behalf.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

It is utterly utterly reprehensible that TPG have not fixed this yet after over 4 YEARS of ongoing complaints.

How can ANY of you working support or ANY of TPGs technical people actually let the managers keep this utterly insane and damaging policy?

This goes against every single valid form of customer service to DELIBERATELY harm your customers, not only once, but in an ONGOING way that you have been made aware of and yet continued to do.

This is a form of abuse rather than support.

Backing up settings is the most BASIC customer requirement.

Since this still hasn't been fixed I will be reporting this to the ombudsman.

Not providing appropriate and basic support after 4 YEARS of the error being reported should be taken seriously by the authorities.

kinesia
Level 2

"We understand these features are useful, _hence_ our custom firmware does not include them"

You aren't including them _because_ they are useful?

That's deliberately malicious supply and intent to harm customers and mislead them regarding capabilities of system.

But they aren't just _useful_, they are _critical_ and -basic-. This party line is gaslighting regardless of whether you made a human mistake in your wording above or not.

Noone would ever expect to have ANY technical device they couldn't back the settings up for, even if it was backed up on _your_ servers for the account rather than locally.

Will PM as well, but I expect this not just lodged as a complaint, but I want a development plan of when I can expect a FIXED firmware.

Shane

Hi @kinesia,

We will take this as a complaint and raise this to our Complaints Resolution Team. Expect them to contact you within 24-48hrs via email. 

Regards,

That's deliberately malicious supply and intent to harm customers and mislead them regarding capabilities of system.

But they aren't just _useful_, they are _critical_ and -basic-. This party line is gaslighting regardless of whether you made a human mistake in your wording above or not.

Noone would ever expect to have ANY technical device they couldn't back the settings up for, even if it was backed up on _your_ servers for the account rather than locally.

Will PM as well, but I expect this not just lodged as a complaint, but I want a development plan of when I can expect a FIXED firmware.

kinesia
Level 2

Due to TPGs toxic internal culture of bullying their neurodiverse engineers into lying to customers (that they were clearly incredibly uncomfortable and traumatised by) to support the company line that a simple technical function was "impossible" _rather_ than supply the actual support that they wanted to and knew the answers to.

(You can hear someone cringing over the phone line when they know your logic is unassailable but they aren't allowed to even answer the question directly and have to just repeat a lie they've been given over and over. They were almost crying with me at the end of the call because we both knew what was happening and they desperately wanted to do the morally right thing rather than support the immoral lies that went against their neurotype and every technical bone in their body.)

TPG is guilty of discrimination against autistic people, both customers and staff, by lying to customers and by forcing staff to lie, even though it would be cheaper and _not_ illegal to just tell the truth that things _were_ possible but they categorically refused to do things they did even 2 years ago.

Why even bother with the lies?

The Executive and Marketing teams must be pathological liars to deliberately harm their own staff and break the law rather than just tell the truth to a disabled person who has 30 years experience in the industry and used to work for TPG, so knew exactly what was happening the entire time.

I was forced to break my association with such an immoral and evil company.

I will happily support any internal staff that want external backup and witnesses for their own Workcover claims against this systemic discrimination and damage.

Evan Gibson.

evan.gibson23@gmail.com