TPG Community

Get online support

How to connect an ASUS tuf-ax5400 wifi router to my Huawei HG659 TPG provided modem without having Double NAT issue ?

SOLVED Go to solution
alexandresilva
Level 3

sent my details to you thanks. 

david64
Level 15

@alexandresilva . You've proved the internet is working. With the vlan id setting on HG659 and not the Asus, connect it all back up. Look at the Asus sytem log. There might be something useful.

alexandresilva
Level 3

"works" but only when I did setup as pppoe with user details but not in bridge mode when i cannot authenticate the asus router on pppoe which is my goal. Also i not sure where the vlan id setting can be done on the hg659 , the only login details that i have for this modem is admin-admin is there another one with more config options ? 

BasilDV

Hi @alexandresilva

Have you tried to set up everything from scratch? We mean if you've already tried to factory reset both devices, then replicate the settings from before?

BasilDV

alexandresilva
Level 3

yep i did. but no sucess.never get the hg659 to work in bridge mode anymore. i provided pictures previuosly on how my asus router wan settings are configured.

BasilDV

Hi @alexandresilva

In the setup wizard for the Huawei HG659, are you able to try the first option?

We've been checking the manual and it says that it is the bridge mode for the device.

BasilDV

alexandresilva
Level 3

Hi there , I will try after 2pm when i get home, do you mean this first option here that says connect to the internet automatically ? see the pic attached. i will try that one , i always used the last option for bridge mode as was widely posted even here by other moderator, see the other pic attached. 

BasilDV

Yes, try it first, then let us know how it goes.

alexandresilva
Level 3

Hi there the first option on the wizard it doesn't connect it , so i tried the last one as i did before and also reseted the router to default values and after all of that , it worked.tks david and basil for the tips and help.

BasilDV

Glad that the factory reset helped resolve this issue.

Have a good day!

BasilDV