TPG Community

Get online support

How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v

Jayk
Level 2
How to setup 2 archer 1600v in bridge mode?
I have enabled the bridge mode as described above however it results in ip conflict and only one router functions at a time
robandanna
Level 2

I'm trying this as its recommended by Google as I have a google mesh network.  However, I keep getting an error that vlan 2 already exists.  How do you disable the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d interface.  When I uncheck IPv4 enabled I also get an error not allowing me to do this.

Shane

Hi @robandanna,

Please refer to this post 

Regards,

I'm trying this as its recommended by Google as I have a google mesh network.  However, I keep getting an error that vlan 2 already exists.  How do you disable the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d interface.  When I uncheck IPv4 enabled I also get an error not allowing me to do this.

sp
Level 2
Level 2

Can we eero in bridging mode as specified at https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207613176-How-do-I-bridge-my-modem-router-combo-device-

and continue to make and receive telephone calls as we do currently now? 

I have NBN HFC connection, and my router details are below. My understanding is this modem has only one WAN port and it is connected to NBN box. How would we connect the third-party router to WAN port as explained in the bridging details here? Am i overlooking anything here?

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 210413 Rel.19548n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2.0 00000000

BasilDV

Hi @sp

The phone service will not work if you bridge the TPG provided modem/router.

You can connect a third party router as an access point if you want to retain the phone service.

BasilDV

sp
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your time and reply

Could you please let me know how we can connect eero 6 as wireless access point ?

Would eero 6 in wireless access point continue to have all features as used in bridging mode ?

BasilDV

Hi @sp

You just need to configure the connection type of the Eero as Dynamic.

If you prefer to use the Eero as your WiFi connection, you may disable the WLAN/WiFi of the TPG provided modem/router.

You may contact the manufacturer support of Eero for further guidance on how to turn this to an access point.

By the way, you can't use the device as a wireless access point and you need to use an Ethernet cable to connect Eero to the TPG provided device.

BasilDV

sargon_k
Level 2
May I ask you a question please. After setting up the TP-Link Archer VR1600v as a Bridge according to your step by step instructions, how do I connect it to my other TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem that is connected to my NBN box? What settings do I need on the main Archer modem to connect to the other Archer modem that is now setup as a wifi extender bridge?
Shane

Hi @sargon_k 

We had encountered the inquiry issue before, connecting 3rd party router (other TP-link vr1600) using our supplied modem/router and it actually work by changing the router's connection mode to "DHCP mode"

You can visit this link for reference. Connect Asus RT-AC88U to Huawei HG659.

Regards,

May I ask you a question please. After setting up the TP-Link Archer VR1600v as a Bridge according to your step by step instructions, how do I connect it to my other TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem that is connected to my NBN box? What settings do I need on the main Archer modem to connect to the other Archer modem that is now setup as a wifi extender bridge?

Fiery
Level 4

What do I do now?

I am wanting to setup a mesh network