TPG Community

Get online support

How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v

Shane

Hi @Fiery 

Please post the current setup of your mesh device on this thread and what settings are required for the mesh to work.

To set your expectations, we can only provide basic settings for the internet to work, as we do not have references on setting up any mesh device.

Regards,

What do I do now?

I am wanting to setup a mesh network

jordyshore
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem to a few other users. I purchased a new router (TP-link AX11000) and want to set up the TP Link 1600v into bridge mode so I can use the new routers features and extend the range of the Wi-Fi network.

I tried to follow the instructions on the page (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-turn-on-bridge-mode-on-the-TP-Link-1600v/t...), but cannot set up a new VLAN ID 2 as it's already taken by pppoe_ptm_2_0_d.

I tried to re-create the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d connection so I could assign it another VLAN ID but the internet connection failed and it went back to the original connection anyway. 

Does TPG have a new preferred VLAN ID for bridge mode? Or any other suggestions

fredoz
Level 2

Hi,

Do I just do these setups on the router that acts as the WiFi extender?

Both routers are tp-link Archer VR1600v v.2 with the same firmware version.

After deleting all entries on Advanced-Network-DSL and adding ->VDSL, VLAN ID: = 2, and Internet Connection Type: Bridge, then rebooting, what comes next. What am I suppose to expect?

fredoz
Level 2

@jordyshore wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem to a few other users. I purchased a new router (TP-link AX11000) and want to set up the TP Link 1600v into bridge mode so I can use the new routers features and extend the range of the Wi-Fi network.

I tried to follow the instructions on the page (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-turn-on-bridge-mode-on-the-TP-Link-1600v/t...), but cannot set up a new VLAN ID 2 as it's already taken by pppoe_ptm_2_0_d.

I tried to re-create the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d connection so I could assign it another VLAN ID but the internet connection failed and it went back to the original connection anyway. 

Does TPG have a new preferred VLAN ID for bridge mode? Or any other suggestions

I think somebody mentioned to delete all entries and add a new one. 

On my part, I want to know what happens after I made the changes

BasilDV

Hi @fredoz

Are you using both TPG provided modem/router?

The VR1600 doesn't support the WiFi bridge or extender, but you can use it as an access point to boost or extend your WiFI.

Now the easiest way to set this up is to use VR1600 LAN to VR1600 LAN and use the settings below:

• Go to Advace > Network > LAN Settings
  • Change the IP address to something under the subnet of your main VR1600
  • Which is 192.168.1.254  and then disable the DHCP

Now this will be performed on the modem/router that you'll use as an access point.

To start fresh, just factory reset the device first. Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV