TPG Community

Get online support

How to turn on bridge mode on the TP Link 1600v

brianmoyle
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

If there is an existing WAN interface you may it and skip step 3. 

Note: Make sure that the existing WAN interface is on VDSL.

Cheers! 

I have the same issue with the existing ID number but I don't understand the solution "you may it and skip step 3".

Also, do I delete the other 2 profiles that are already there? 

brianmoyle
Level 2

If anyone is having trouble with this you need to delete id 2 so that you can make "Bridge Mode" id 2. This won't work otherwise

john15
Level 2

Hi, I have put my tp-link 1600v into bridge mode and connected my Draytek 2925 and It is working properly. My Draytek has all my port fowarding and server and ip cameras and security functions setup. However in doing this I have lost my phone connection. My Draytek has two phone line sockets one "phone 1/2" and the second "line". Is there any way for me to setup and still have the phone function. I have been told by your tech support that the phone is encripted in the tp-link 1600v and cannot be transfered to another modem/router. Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @john15

Welcome to the Community!

Our Tech team is correct. The settings are embedded in the firmware of the modem that we've provided.

With this, the phone service will not work on a third party device.

If you need the phone connection, then you need to use the TP-Link as the main modem/router.

BasilDV

Charezza
Level 2

When I follow these instructions Error code 85629 comes up as the pppoe_ptm_2_0_d is already on VPI/VCI 2 Can I just delete this?

jhoskin122
Level 2

Hi

I'm trying to turn on bridge mode so that I can set up a D-link COVR 2202 mesh.

I've followed the instructions in this post but cannot set VLAN ID to 2 (step 7) as it is already in use.  Like the screenshot in your post, 2 is in use for pppoe_ptm_2_0_d.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @jhoskin122

Welcome to the Community!

You may delete the setup name that uses the VLAN ID 2 for you to use it.

BasilDV

harry2
Level 2

Hi there,

I have also had a conflict with use of VLAN ID 2. When I deleted this connection all internet dropped out.

Is there another solution?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @harry2,

You do should keep the VLAN ID 2 enabled. 

1.) Select on "Network"

2.) Click on "DSL"

3.) Then click on "+Add" to create a new connection

4.) Make sure to select on "VDSL"

5.) Look for "Bridge" on the "Internet Connection Type"

6.) "Enable" the VLAN ID

7.) VLAN ID should be "2"

8.) Lastly, "Save" the changes

Regards,

Hi there,

I have also had a conflict with use of VLAN ID 2. When I deleted this connection all internet dropped out.

Is there another solution?

Thanks

harry2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, those are the steps I have taken.  When I get to allcoating the VLAN ID, selecting number 2 gives an error message (code 85629).

To avoid the conflicting ID I tried deleting the existing pppoe_otm... connection (mentioned elsewhere). This connection which also has VID of 2. This unfortunately deleted all internet access from my primary modem. So I have done a factory reset, got my internet back, and am back to the original conflicting VID/VLAN ID error.

Does the bridge have to be VLAN ID 2? If so, why is my external internet provider using the same ID to provide internet in through the DSL line?

Thanks