TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei HG695 Modem faulty

heich
Level 3

I have been with TPG for many years and very happy with the service so far but recently my Huawei HG695 modem has been having some issues in particular it losses the internet connection on a regular basis sometimes twice a week so I have to turn the modem off for 30 seconds and back on again to restore the internet. It definitely is the modem and not the NBN box as the lights on the box are on all the time where as the INTERNET and WLAN leds on the modem are off. The second issue is with not showing my network computers when I logon and then its a process of once again turning the modem off for thirty second and back on again and then it doesn't always work, some times the network is restored straight away othertimes it takes up to an hour to restore. Is this due to the HG695 failing or is it a FIRMWARE issue. Please advise as this is now a very irritating problem.

Regards

13 REPLIES 13
Ahra_G

Hi @heich

I've managed to run remote tests on your account and results showed that your modem is connected for almost 3 days, which indicates a stable connection.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

Could you also please provide us with the following information so we can check the firmware of your modem? 

Serial number: 

Product class: 

Hardware version: 

Software version:

We'll wait for your response. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

heich
Level 3
I had another modem crash last night and this morning there is an outage in the area. I am getting sick and tired of all these modem crashes and non outages, it might be time to go to another more reliable carrier
Riezl

Hi @heich, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

We had a look at your account and the restoration of the outage is still in progress. We'll continue to monitor your account and revert to you once a new update is received. 

We sincerely aplogise for the inconvenience.

Riezl

Hi @heich, we can see that the issue has been resolved and your internet shows up and running now. Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

heich
Level 3

I just got home today after being out for the afternoon to find that once again the modem has locked up and not working.  The NBN box is OK all lights a on but the modem lights are all stuck in continuosly on. Normaly when the Modem is working the INTERNET and WLAN Leds are flashing but when it's faulty their locked up in continously on. This has been going on for some weeks now and I"m getting sick of the way TPG is treating this as if there was nothing wrong, so now I am requesting TPG to replace this modem with one that works. I have posted a ten second video to show the Leds are stationary at url is  " https://imgur.com/VwGWnJP "   and attached a picture of the message I get when I try to log on to the internet.

Regards

Henry Przybycien

BasilDV

Hi @heich

Thanks for the update and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Have you tried resetting the modem/router to factory default?

BasilDV

heich
Level 3

So I just spent the last hour trying to get the Huawei HG695 modem to recognize my local network devices, this is happening more often as easch day goes by. I had to turn off the modem for a couple of minutes and then back on again to get my connections back. I am at the stage where I am going to look at changing providers as TPG are not interested in helping me after being a subscriber for at least a Decade. Please Advise before I contact the Telecom Ombudsman for help.

Shane

Hi @heich,

What specific Local Network Devices are having issues to connect with the modem? To better understand the situation. Provide on this thread the information of these devices. Also, we will treat this as a complaint and raise a ticket to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling. Expect them to contact you via SMS/Phone call or email.

Regards,

So I just spent the last hour trying to get the Huawei HG695 modem to recognize my local network devices, this is happening more often as easch day goes by. I had to turn off the modem for a couple of minutes and then back on again to get my connections back. I am at the stage where I am going to look at changing providers as TPG are not interested in helping me after being a subscriber for at least a Decade. Please Advise before I contact the Telecom Ombudsman for help.

heich
Level 3

I have my Laptop connected by WiFi, My Western Digital WDTV Live Player and My WD MyCloud Ultra EX2 Server connected by Cable and they all have problems connecting to the Huawei HG695 Modem together or at different times,

Regards

Henry Przybycien