TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei PSE-211 alternative?

real
Level 2

The power light has gone out on my Huawei PSE-211 and the diag light is flashing red, which is never a good sign.

TPG want to spend 4 days processing a $10 payment for shipping, before they then think about sending a replacement, which could take another 3 days. 

Like many other people, we're working from home, we have kids at home trying to school work and we need our netflix. 

Anyway, we can't afford to wait a week so i'm looking to get a replacement locally, does anyone know where or what i can get as an alternative?

Also, could it be a line fault, rather than a fault with the box?

Why tpg can't just add the cost of shipping to our monthly bill is beyond me. You'd think they'd know we're good for $10 having been a customer of theirs for nearly 10 years, .

5 REPLIES 5
luisc

Hi real

Can I get your CID or username? So I can check into your account.

You can PM those details

Thanks

luisc

Hi,

Have you checked the lights of the power injector?

My records shows that you have contacted technical support team. We will update you the next step to do.

Thanks

real
Level 2

Is the pse211 a reciever? Is there an injector in the basement?

I had assumed this was the only device 

luisc

Your service is UBE FTTB, the PSE is a power injector to TPG equipment that is located at the basement.

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/fttb-modem-wiring

real
Level 2

Ok, so the confusion is that i stated that i had no power light on the pse211, then you asked if i had checked the power light on the injector.

So, the pse is the injector, the receiver is in the basement, as i suspected.

Like is said, it has no power light.