TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile phone connects to TPG wifi, but apps won't work.

SOLVED Go to solution
kotebola
Level 2

Hi there,

I've pretty much have the same issue with this forum posted below

I'm also on Home Wireless Broadband 4G TP-Link modem

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Mobile-phone-connects-to-TPG-wifi-but-apps-won-t-...

Same issue, happened like 3 days ago whenever I'm on WiFi

on mobile phone, some websites, apps and my wifi home cameras doesn't work, but all of them can be accessed when I'm on my mobile data

another thing that I found out just now when using my PC (still using LAN cable),

if I switch my VPN on I can straightaway access those websites that I couldn't go before on PC and also on mobile

for example:

https://www.anz.com.au/personal/

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/

tpg.speedtestcustom.com

since I have the 2.4G and 5G band on different name since I'm using the wireless broadband, the solution on the forum above doesn't apply to my issue here Smiley Sad

I also have called the helpdesk and done all the steps to do the reset, ping test, tracert, change the modem band steering On, tried entering the primary and secondary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4

Any advice that I can try is greatly appreciated

Thanks !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kotebola
Level 2

Technical team called me regarding the fix,

according to them it was a new server issue that affected some users and they assigned me a new IP address and it got resolved

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @kotebola 

We'd like to look onto the notes from our Technical team and see what we can further perform.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . You might like to look at my comments in this thread from 22nd Aug

which mentions being unable to ping  tpg.com.au.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Vodafone-NL1902-modem-problem/m-p/135015/highligh...

@kotebola 

david64
Level 15

Hi @kotebola . The tracert photos you provided show the path to ANZ and speedtest. These are working so you should be able to access them. The 2 paths shown are from your own router going through the 4G/TPG network to the target. If they were via your VPN, the path would have addresses from the VPN provider network.

The problem of failing ping to tpg.com.au was raised on 22nd Aug as mentioned previously.

BTW, the alternate Google DNS is 8.8.4.4.

kotebola
Level 2

@BasilDV I've just sent a PM with my account details, hopefully that is enough for technical team to go ahead?

@david64 I tried 8.8.4.4 for secondary DNS and still no luck to fix this issue, thank you though

david64
Level 15

@kotebola . On your PC in command window, do   ipconfig/flushdns

This clears the resolver cache in Windows.

Then:

nslookup anz.com.au

nslookup anz.com.au 8.8.8.8

nslookup anz.com.au 203.12.160.35

The first one will show the default DNS being used by Windows.   What is the ip address?

The next two force the use of Google's DNS and TPG's DNS.

I get the following using Google and TPG:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: anz.com.au
Addresses: 45.60.126.46

The first address has much better response time than the second one.

My tracert is much shorter than yours.

Tracing route to anz.com.au [45.60.126.46]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ARCHER_VR1600V [192.168.1.1]
2 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.20.25.233
3 4 ms 5 ms 5 ms syd-gls-har-wgw1-be-100.tpgi.com.au [203.221.3.7]
4 5 ms 4 ms 5 ms 203-219-107-194.static.tpgi.com.au [203.219.107.194]
5 5 ms 5 ms 6 ms 202.10.14.204
6 5 ms 4 ms 5 ms 210-10-203-2.syd.static-ipl.aapt.com.au [210.10.203.2]
7 4 ms 5 ms 5 ms 45.60.126.46

Trace complete.

Can you try again to access anz.com.au

kotebola
Level 2

@david64 

I am saving this flushdns solution when I run into this problem again in the future, hopefully I won't

For some reason, all of the websites and apps that I couldn't access now is all accessible after coming back from work today, it either resolved by itself or the technical team has done something on the back end for me 

Cheers !!!

kotebola
Level 2

Technical team called me regarding the fix,

according to them it was a new server issue that affected some users and they assigned me a new IP address and it got resolved