Modern Reset

said01
Level 2

Hi

I reset my modern VR1600v and reconfigured again with my username and password,

Then the internet is working perfectly, but the VOIP phone is out of service,

from the modern control panel its show me this message ( Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number.)

Ok can you please guide us how to setup the phone

3 REPLIES 3
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @said01 You should not have needed to reconfigure settings after the reset, it will usually auto configure on the network without user input. Try another reset and wait at least 6 hours before doing anything else.

david64
Level 15

Hi @said01 . My VR1600 has the same message and my phone can receive calls and I get the OCA message if I make a call (no prepayment).  Whoever designed the firmware that TPG uses in this router ought to have done better with this message. 

If the internet is working but the phone is not, and cable is correct, probably something wrong at TPG end. If no dial tone, router might be faulty.

Riezl

Hi @said01, we recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help with your concern:

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community