TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Arris CM8200 - Upstream Blinking

Daniel-
Level 3
Hi TPG,

I currently have no internet at the moment. This has been going on for about 4 hours now. I have checked the Arris CM8200 box and the power and downstream lights are on. The upstream light is blinking. The online light is off.

I have tried turning both the modem and router off for a few minutes. Reseeded all the cables. No luck at all.

Is there anything else that I could try?

Thanks,
16 REPLIES 16
BasilDV

Hi @Daniel- 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We understand that you were able to contact our Tech team and was advised that there was an outage that affected your service.

It appears that it is already resolved as we can detect that the internet is working and stable.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

JamesS
Level 2
Hi, I am having the same issue- upstream light blinking and no online light on the same arris CM8200. Turning off and on or resetting only works occasionally. When connection is established it seems to remain until overnight when we go back to blinking upstream and no online light.
Will

Hi @JamesS,

Welcome to the Community!

Based on the NTD light status, it appears to be a network issue that will need to be raised to NBNCo. We tried to locate your account using your community details so we can perform tests on our end but we're unable to find any record.

Can you PM us your customer Id or username along with your service address?

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Riezl

Hi @JamesS, thanks for providing the details via PM. We have escalated the issue to our Engineering Team and the case engineer will contact you via SMS or phone call within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @JamesS, our Engineering Team has scheduled an NBN technician on your preferred date and time.

The team is closely monitoring your account and the case engineer will be in touch as soon as a new update becomes available.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

bhushankamble
Level 2

Hi Moderators,

I am having same issue with my connection. Please look into it.

Regards,

Bhushan

@Riezl wrote:

Hi @JamesS, our Engineering Team has scheduled an NBN technician on your preferred date and time.

The team is closely monitoring your account and the case engineer will be in touch as soon as a new update becomes available.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @bhushankamble,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.                                                           

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case, an NBN technician has been booked to fix the issue. Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring this and will contact you via SMS or phone call for any additional update.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Healeng
Level 2
I have the same problem about Arris now. I might need the Engineering Team to come over and check
Healeng
Level 2
I’m the same . I really need NBN Technician Check ASAP. Thank You