TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Cable Superfast Archer VR1600V & Ubiquiti USG - Speed Anomaly

SOLVED Go to solution
sacross63
Level 2

Currently on NBN Cable Superfast plan and am getting 250Mbps through Archer VR1600V TPG supplied Router. Have replaced with Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway and connects successfully but speed is only 100Mbps (Speed is set at 1000 Full Duplex). 

Tried Multiple times and same result, any input greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sacross63
Level 2

Joseph, Problem solved, it was the Intrusion Detection that was enabled and after disabling it, am now getting the speed applicable to my account 200Mbps. Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @sacross63 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. It is weird the Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway can only attain 100Mbps while our supplied modem can get 250Mbps. Can you post the connection type settings/option available to the modem/router? It is possible that we may need to change some settings to get the full speed of 250Mbps.

Regards,

@sacross63 wrote:

Currently on NBN Cable Superfast plan and am getting 250Mbps through Archer VR1600V TPG supplied Router. Have replaced with Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway and connects successfully but speed is only 100Mbps (Speed is set at 1000 Full Duplex). 

Tried Multiple times and same result, any input greatly appreciated. 

sacross63
Level 2

Thanks for your reply, couple of screenshots attached of WAN settings. Set to 1000 full duplex. Is this what you are requesting.

Joseph_D

@sacross63 while conducting research on your concern I stumbled upon this article from https://evanmccann.net/

UniFi Router Comparison: USG vs UDM vs UXG 

To qoute them "If all you need is a basic router, the USG gets the job done. It can route at 1 Gbps, but performance quickly suffers as you enable security features, especially the Intrusion Detection System or Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS). With those features enabled, the USG drops to around 85 Mbps of throughput."

While I do not have experience in USG config, is it possible for you to conduct a test on a controlled and safe environment by enabling security features one by one and checking the speed with each feature to see which ones affect the speed?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

sacross63
Level 2

Joseph, Problem solved, it was the Intrusion Detection that was enabled and after disabling it, am now getting the speed applicable to my account 200Mbps. Thanks for your help