TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection box is not working

angel1234
Level 3
Yesterday I got delivered my tp-link VX420-G2h modem router in my new house and tried to connect with NBN connection box ( Arris CM8200). NBN connection box lights flashing then goes off and it happens again and again. No internet connection. What should I do? It seems my old NBN connection box is not working or faulty. Please help me to solve this.
14 REPLIES 14
BasilDV

Thanks for the update @angel1234.

We tested the line and it shows that the NBN NTD box is down.

Are you able to check the light status of it? And please check the cables and make sure that they are properly connected to the power and coaxial outlet.

BasilDV

angel1234
Level 3
I have checked the all cables just coaxial is not fitting to the outlet. So I didn’t use coaxial cable. In TPG setup guide ( setup NBN FTTP) there is not mention coaxial cable.
BasilDV

Hi @angel1234

Sorry, please disregard the coaxial outlet. 

What's the light status of the NBN NTD box?

BasilDV

angel1234
Level 3
Lights are continuing flashing then goes off then again start flashing.
BasilDV

Hi @angel1234

How about the Optical light of the NBN NTD box?

BasilDV

angel1234
Level 3
Sorry there is no optical light indicator but has status lights on the back of nbn box where is UNi-D1 link lights to indicate cable connection to router and these lights also come and goes off. There are two status lights green and red. First green comes and then red comes with green then both goes off. In front of nbn ntd box there are power, downstream, upstream and online indicators.
BasilDV

Hi @angel1234

That's why I was confused and advised to check a coaxial wall socket since you are using an ARRIS NBN NTD box.

The said device is for NBN HFC technology only, if you are under the NBN FTTP service, a different NTD box is needed.

Please check your house if you can locate it. Refer to the picture on the NBN FTTP setup article that we've created.

BasilDV

angel1234
Level 3
I have tried this old nbn box everywhere in the house with the same result. I think this box is not suitable with FTTP service. So please suggest me how can I order a new nbn ntd connection box.
BasilDV

Hi @angel1234

The ARRIS NBN NTD box is not for the NBN FTTP service.

Check the type of NTD you should see on your house.

It is a white box that is mounted to your wall and the case has an NBN Co label.

Are you able to search for the NBN NTD box?

BasilDV