TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installation appointment

SOLVED Go to solution
David3801
Level 3
I called TPG for assistance with NBN installation appointment to get NBN equipment installed as I am moving back home ( I still have the equipment as it was removed prior to the demolition). For some reason it seems this request is completely unheard of and completely outside of the scope of work TPG installation and delivery department are capable of. Your advisor sent me a technician to “fix the connection” instead of NBN installation like I have requested. I have spoken to many TPG staff and one staff member even tried to get me to contact NBN directly, as they explained that a service class roll back from 3 to 1 is something I need to request and deal with with NBN directly, which is obviously inaccurate and misleading information ( I called NBN). I have been referred to a case manager who has not called me back with updates and a team who constantly tell me they are “escalating” the issue. I am not surI have checked the installation tracker and there are no appointments made. Can you please tell me if I am missing something as I do not understand what is so difficult about sending out a technician just to install the NBN equipment??? How can I make this simpler?
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RajenS

HI @David3801 

Good news, we manage to book an NBN tech to install your NTD. 

NBN confirmed and reserved your appointment, please make sure someone at home 

From NBN -

Appointment time slot: Thursday, 07 May 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Reason code: BOOKED

Description: The reserved appointment has been confirmed by NBN Co and is now booked.

Thanks

Rajen

View solution in original post

RajenS

Hi @Pi-James 

Congratulations  you are online now, welcome on board 

CallerID: AVC4000********
20min avg. speed: download 1Kbits/s, upload 1Kbits/s
Connected at: 2020-05-01 13:41:09
Connected for: 0h 3m 

Thanks 
Rajen

RajenS

Hi @David3801 

Congratulations now you are connected TPG Fast NBN 

Username: david3******
0min avg. speed: download 194Kbits/s, upload 395Kbits/s
Connected at: 2020-05-07 15:14:20
Connected for: 06m   

12 REPLIES 12
RajenS

Hi @David3801 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.
kind regards

David3801
Level 3
Hi Rajen my CID is 6341163 thank you!!
RajenS

HI @David3801 

Good news, we manage to book an NBN tech to install your NTD. 

NBN confirmed and reserved your appointment, please make sure someone at home 

From NBN -

Appointment time slot: Thursday, 07 May 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Reason code: BOOKED

Description: The reserved appointment has been confirmed by NBN Co and is now booked.

Thanks

Rajen

David3801
Level 3
Thank you so much Rajen!! You are the best! I have been stressing about this for weeks now because TPG installation and delivery department did not understand what I was requesting. Thank you so much.
Pi-James
Level 3

I am in the same boat as you @David3801 @RajenS . When I do finally do get someone on the chat they are unable to help and keep referring to the case manager. I have had 2 appointments where the technician just don't show up at all and no notification at least saying so.

I even got the email address of the case manager from the support desk and emailed her, didn't even get a response.

All they need to do is install the NCD and activate the service, don't understand why its so hard.

David3801
Level 3
Yeah I’m not sure why it’s so difficult. The first time the tpg installation department on live chat booked me an appointment, they sent a technician to fix my internet when I had specifically requested for NBN installation ..
Pi-James
Level 3

Good luck with your appointment, come back here if they don't show.

RajenS

Hi @Pi-James 

This is what I found on the NBN system, 

Your appointment APT700037218393has been booked for  (Friday, 1 May 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM  ).

Thanks 
Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @Pi-James 

Congratulations  you are online now, welcome on board 

CallerID: AVC4000********
20min avg. speed: download 1Kbits/s, upload 1Kbits/s
Connected at: 2020-05-01 13:41:09
Connected for: 0h 3m 

Thanks 
Rajen