TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn HFC not connecting with TPGs supplied modem

SOLVED Go to solution
glemmalix
Level 2
We moved to our current premise a week ago and our HFC NBN connection should have been completed within 2 business days though it is saying it is still it is processing when checking online. I've noticed this online status is common even if the internet connection is actually connected.

The hfc nbn connection is connected and working fine ironically on an Optus modem with our TPG credentials entered. However trying TPG's supplied Tp-link Archer VR 1600v v2 modem with the exact same equipment and cables results in no internet connection at all. The nbn hfc modem lights flicker very slowly next to the cable plugged into TPG's modem so it should be functional but appears like it is getting stuck perhaps with a setting.

I have tried all the manual/automatic settings mentioned on your website and in the community posts I've read but none of the settings seem to make any connection to the Internet.

TPG's online chat support doesn't even let you use it (we are busy serving other customers) and I've been waiting for 4 hours on the phone with no sign of anybody picking up.

Is someone able to provide all the manual settings to get the WAN working on TPG's modem? Or is someone at TPG able to contact me ASAP.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
glemmalix
Level 2

Hi BryanR,

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to speak to a TPG technical support case manager this morning (though was waiting in queue for 6.5 hours last night!!! crazy right). Turns out our NBN connection was still connected to the previous tenant's connection as they didn't cancel their connection (?). I guess they had an Optus NBN connection as our Optus modem was working but not TPG's.

Your case manager advised NBN co needed proof from us that we were the owners for this new connection to be approved. We provide this info and are now advised that NBN co will take 24-48 hours to swap over the nbn connection.

We should be fine but we will PM you if there is any issues. Feedback for TPG would be to be notified ASAP that they was issues so we could resolve it rather than just saying "Your installation is progressing" as this should have been apparent within 48hours of the originally installation requested date.

Regardless hopefully this helps someone else struggling with moving to another promise.

Thank you,

Glen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BryanR
Hi@glemmalix ,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identification number) or UN (Username) or your mobile phone number.

So I can look at this service for you.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Thanks

Bryan
glemmalix
Level 2

Hi BryanR,

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to speak to a TPG technical support case manager this morning (though was waiting in queue for 6.5 hours last night!!! crazy right). Turns out our NBN connection was still connected to the previous tenant's connection as they didn't cancel their connection (?). I guess they had an Optus NBN connection as our Optus modem was working but not TPG's.

Your case manager advised NBN co needed proof from us that we were the owners for this new connection to be approved. We provide this info and are now advised that NBN co will take 24-48 hours to swap over the nbn connection.

We should be fine but we will PM you if there is any issues. Feedback for TPG would be to be notified ASAP that they was issues so we could resolve it rather than just saying "Your installation is progressing" as this should have been apparent within 48hours of the originally installation requested date.

Regardless hopefully this helps someone else struggling with moving to another promise.

Thank you,

Glen