TPG Community

Get online support

Netgear D6220 nbn fttb not connecting

junayedullah
Level 2
Hi,
i have the same modem but my nbn is FTTB and tried the settings as per your screen shots but no luck. It's not connecting at all. Please help.
10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @junayedullah

We've responded to your previous comment on the thread: How to configure own netgear modem router to nbn

Please contact Netgear support for further guidance as the NBN FTTN and FTTB has the same modem configuration.

BasilDV

junayedullah
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the help but it's not working. Could you please tell me, is my tpg username and password are the same as my tpg 'My Account' login? I used the login details from the existing Tp-Link Modem but it's still not connecting. 

Shane

Hi @junayedullah,

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to retrieve the forgotten TPG password.

See link below.

Forgot your TPG account password?

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards, 

betty1201
Level 2

Please help! I have a AC1200 D6220 modem with NBN FTTB. Been working perfectly from February to now. I can't get the modem to connect to TPG. Setup wizard keeps asking for username and password to ISP and it won't accept. I am definitely using correct credientials. IP shows 0.0.0.0. My netgear modem has more constant speeds than TP link modem TPG supplied. TPlink modem connects without any problem..... 

Can't get help from TPG, can't get help from Netgear as they want money for advice. No one is willing to help. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer as I have been trying to fix this for more than 24hrs. Thanks in advance. 

anon323
Level 2
I am having the EXACT same problem. Constant solid red light for the past 24 hours, escalated to needing an engineer to come and visit but can't for 4 more days. Astrocious. The TPLink modem is trash. It connects but drops out more times than I can poke a stick at.
BasilDV

Hi @anon323

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes.

We understand that the case was escalated to our Engineers and a TPG technician was requested, but the earliest available schedule is on 05/08//2020.

This case was raised to NBN Co, but was not able to detect any issues within their network and pointing to a possible modem issue, which is a third party device.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

anon323
Level 2
Technician is booked for the 4th.
I will keep everybody on here posted as to the outcome because it seems I am not the only one.
betty1201
Level 2
Appreciate it!!! I’ve reset my modem numerous times. Looked at all the manuals and no luck! TPG say ring Netgear, Netgear say Ring TPG!! Sooooo frustrating.
FR13R
Level 2
Watching this as I have a D6220 and a FTTP connection. Same issue, all ip 0.0.0.0 on the setup wizard and advanced network diagnostics page. Flagging incorrect username and password but changed password with technician on the phone. Still no luck. I have even ordered a new TPG modum as I can't be without internet right now but following as any fix that works is a good one.