TPG Community

Get online support

No 5g signal with Samsung S22 5g phone

Ears
Level 2
I have upgraded my mobile phone to a Samsung S22. It is a 5g compatible phone. I placed my existing TPG simcard in it. My phone shows that I am connected to 4g, when I am in Kogarah, which is a suburb of Sydney, Australia.

The TPG Telecom website shows that TPG is supplying 5g to Sydney.

Can you explain why I cannot get 5g?

That simcard was supplied by TPG yrs ago. It was providing 4g when used with my previous phone, a Samsung S7.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @Ears,

At the moment, we provide 4G service for our Mobile plans. Customers who purchase a TPG Mobile plans can only obtain 4G speeds when they use a 4G-ready phone (LTE 1800/850 MHz) in 4G coverage areas as per the detailed map listed at coverage.

When customers are not within a 4G coverage area or their mobile handset is not 4G compatible, the mobile service will automatically switch over to 3G or 2G and speeds will be much less than that of 4G.

What we do offer is a 5G Home Broadband service. You can find more information here: 

TPG 5G HOME BROADBAND

-Ahra_G

I have upgraded my mobile phone to a Samsung S22. It is a 5g compatible phone. I placed my existing TPG simcard in it. My phone shows that I am connected to 4g, when I am in Kogarah, which is a suburb of Sydney, Australia.

The TPG Telecom website shows that TPG is supplying 5g to Sydney.

Can you explain why I cannot get 5g?

That simcard was supplied by TPG yrs ago. It was providing 4g when used with my previous phone, a Samsung S7.

Ears
Level 2
Ok thanks I understand now

So is there expected date of migration of TPG 4g max mobile plans to Vodaphone 5g max mobile plans in the Kogarah NSW area (2217). I asked the phone support person but they could not give me a date.
BasilDV

Hi @Ears

There's no ETA on when we can provide the 5G mobile connection to our customers.

Any update or information will be posted once available on our website or Social Media pages.

BasilDV