TPG Community

Get online support

No connection PRINTER HP to MODEM SAGEMCOM 5G

BasilDV

Hi @littlebirdoz

If you still have the spare or old NBN modem/router, then you may use it as an access point as a work around.

As an access point, you can connect your printer and make it work just like before.

BasilDV

littlebirdoz
Level 2

will give that a try. will it interfere with the other wifi signal? 

BasilDV

It may interfere within the 2.4GHz band, but if you place it a little far from the modem/router, then it may help improve your home network.

BasilDV

thomasfinnegan1
Level 2

Hey, I am having the same issue, will this also work for home security cameras? is there any configuration I have to do with the old router?

BasilDV

Hi @thomasfinnegan1

If it was working with your old modem/router before, then it should work even though you'll set it up as an access point.

BasilDV

thomasfinnegan1
Level 2

We have just moved out of home and we used the 5G as our first wifi, so we don't have an old router to test with, but I am also cautious because we want to buy security camera but I have read that they will not work with our 5G wifi due to how the IP is configured (not the most tech savvy but the person on the phone gave me a basic rundown). Is this something another router as an access port would fix or should I change back to NBN if we want to have smart home security?

BasilDV

Hi @thomasfinnegan1

If you are going to use an IP security camera, then you need to change back to NBN as it may not work with CGNAT configured 5G home broadband.

BasilDV

thomasfinnegan1
Level 2

Copy, so there is no work around to use them on 5G broadband? Do you know if that is something that will be fixed down the line or?

BasilDV

The 5G Home Broadband is running through CGNAT, so we can't see any problem to fix it.

You may check if private VPN will work with IP camera to bypass the CGNAT, but it might be better to use NBN.

BasilDV