Moden: TP-LINK AX5400

Printer: HP DESKJET 2720 

Connection WIFI: GOOD WORKING

Now

I bought New plan 5G

Moden: SAGEMCOM FAST 5866T

Printer: (Same) HP DESKJET 2720

Connection WIFI: I CANT CONNECT

MORE INFORMATION: i have connection more device, like Laptop, Phone and every working good with BEFORE MODEN and with NEW MODEN working good.

only i haver this problem with my PRINTER. 

SOMEONE or TPG TECH  please help me

18 REPLIES 18
BasilDV

Hi @Andres-12

Welcome to the Community!

When you tried to connect your printer to the new Sagemcom modem/router, did it ask for the password? Or did you receive any error message when connecting to it?

Have you tried to use the WPS Setup to connect your printer to the new modem?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

Andres-12
Level 2

Dear BasilDV,

Answer,

First, When you tried to connect your printer to the new Sagemcom modem/router, did it ask for the password? NO, never it ask for password.

Second, did you receive any error message when connecting to it? YES, attach message. 

third, Have you tried to use the WPS Setup to connect your printer to the new modem? YES, but i cant connect.

try many times and i cant, i need to help

attach some files,

BasilDV

Hi @Andres-12

We'd like to look into it further.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

annhkwan
Level 2

Dear Andres,

I have a very similar issue with my HP Envy4500. Just wondering if you/TPG have managed to solve your printer connection. I suspect it is because Sagemcom 5G modem can't do WPA2-Personal authentication but only WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication.

Thanks and regards,

Ann.

Shane

Hi annhkwan.

We responded to your initial post located here. Send us your details so we can procee with the investigation.

Regards,

Dear Andres,

I have a very similar issue with my HP Envy4500. Just wondering if you/TPG have managed to solve your printer connection. I suspect it is because Sagemcom 5G modem can't do WPA2-Personal authentication but only WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication.

Thanks and regards,

Ann.

neillhorsman
Level 2

Hi,

I have just "upgraded" to the same Modem Router.

Both my wifi printers are not discoverable to print.

they are both connected successfully to the 2.4ghz wifi.

I can ese them both as connected devices when logging into the router.

Just unable to print to them or see them from the computer.

Why is there no device sharing option in the router to enable this.

It all worked on my previos supplied TPG router.

I need this functionality back to run my business please!

zhujun1993
Level 2
I have the same issue just like yours.
My printer brother MFC 2713, my modem is SAGEMCOM 5G.
I could print from computer and mobile phone use wireless until last week, since this week I couldn’t print from computer and mobile phone.
I thought might be my printer broken, but I take this printer to another network using TPG FTTB modem, and HUAWEI B818, both network no problem.
I believe this is setting problem or SAGEMCOM 5G Modem problem.
Shane

Hi @zhujun1993 ,

Our 5G home broadband service comes with CG-NAT. Carrier-grade NAT (Network Address Translation) is a type of network that assigns services with a private IP address, instead of a dynamic public IP address. Our network will then translate that private address into a public address. This means that the following items (which depend on internal NAT) will not work on Home Wireless Broadband:

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
    Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)

Regards,

I have the same issue just like yours.
My printer brother MFC 2713, my modem is SAGEMCOM 5G.
I could print from computer and mobile phone use wireless until last week, since this week I couldn’t print from computer and mobile phone.
I thought might be my printer broken, but I take this printer to another network using TPG FTTB modem, and HUAWEI B818, both network no problem.
I believe this is setting problem or SAGEMCOM 5G Modem problem.

littlebirdoz
Level 2

We have just upgraded to the 5G modem and also have an issue with the printer being recognised. It will connect and I can see it in the list of devices that are connected to the Sagemcom fast 5866. Is there a workaround for this issue? It seems odd you would send out a product that makes it so you cant use a printer. Most homes and small businesses have a printer. 

Please advise a workaround. PLease dont say NBN.