TPG Community

Get online support

No internet using Technicolor TG789vac v2

Level 2

I have just moved house and have switched to TPG NBN internet plan, but using my (iiNet) Technicolor TG789vac v2, I cannot connect to the internet.

The NBN Uni-D1 light flashes yellow on the NBN box, and the WAN light is green, but the internet light is Off.

Would appreciate any help!

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Have you been notified that the connection is ready to go?

The settings for the TG789 are:

4 The TG-789 Gateway web interface appears and automatically starts the Setup Wizard and asks you to
configure your Internet connection.
 In the Internet Service Provider list, select your provider.
 In the WAN Interfaces list, select
 ADSL for ADSL or Naked,
 VDSL for VDSL.
 In the WAN Type list, select PPP over Ethernet
 In the Username box, type your broadband user name (include any “@domain.com.au”).
 In the Password box, type your broadband password (case sensitive).

PPP over Ethernet, your TPG username with @TPG.com.au on the end, and password. (FTTP does not use VLAN ID.)

You can check username and password by logging in to My Account or Post Office using your phone's mobile data.

Are the Optical and Alarm lights green? (Connected to fibre network and no issues detected. Optical flashes during data transfer.)

BasilDV

Hi @6425812 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network, however, the third party router is configured incorrectly.

Please use the correct PPPoE credentials (TPG username and password).

Check this article as a guide on what to configure: How to set up TP-LINK C1200 modem for Windows 10

Stay safe.

BasilDV