TPG Community

Get online support

Port forwarding to port 443 on Archer 1600V help needed

SOLVED Go to solution
dexstar
Level 3
I followed the guide for port forwarding but am having issues. I can open 1 port but cannot get it to work for port 443. Can someone help with this please? Thanks in advance 👍
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@dexstar . The VR1600 can only interface to Dyndns.com or noip.com for DDNS function. I used no-ip to set up a name to test the process. You think of a name; no-ip add    .ddns.net     to make your host name. Mine is free but I have to refresh it every 30 days. The router sends an update request each time it receives it an ip address from TPG.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @dexstar . Are you trying to set up a HTTPS server on your computer to be accessed from the internet?

How do you have things set up already?

I've just done this on my VR1600. I can see a connection to port 443 being sent from my phone by mobile data.

dexstar
Level 3
@david64 thanks for replying. Yes I'm trying to open port 443 for my server via the instructions provided. When I check via the website canyouseeme.com port 443 is not open. I'll post my NAT settings when I finish work. Thanks for taking the time to help.
dexstar
Level 3

@david64  this is what I have in my NAT/Virtual server settings and the results from port checker.I have saved and restarted the router.

Thanks for your time again.

david64
Level 15

@dexstar . Look at Advanced, Status, WAN Interface Name. This is the interface that you put in the forwarding rule.

The server needs a reserved local ip address; it should be outside the dynamic range (100-199) of the router.

Have you set up DDNS to allow for changes to your public ip address?

dexstar
Level 3

@david64 some progress....WAN Interface Name is correct....I have reserved local IP at 192.168.1.205 like you suggested...the DDNS part is tripping me up now.  I'm planning on using  https://www.duckdns.org/  for that.   How can I set this up to use this service?    Once again thanks for your help and time; it is appreciated.

david64
Level 15

@dexstar . The VR1600 can only interface to Dyndns.com or noip.com for DDNS function. I used no-ip to set up a name to test the process. You think of a name; no-ip add    .ddns.net     to make your host name. Mine is free but I have to refresh it every 30 days. The router sends an update request each time it receives it an ip address from TPG.

dexstar
Level 3
I see; I'll have to look into those two you mentioned. What about updating my router? Would that be possible? If so, can you recommend something compatible to use with TPG. Again thanks for your time and guidance.
david64
Level 15

@dexstar . TPG's VOIP phone service only works on their supplied router. The VOIP function is unavailable in the menu. Only a few routers have the VOIP function. If you don't use it, there are any number of other models to choose. Depends on what functions you might want and how much. You can search in Community for router brands: Asus, D-Link, Netgear, TP-Link. Single units or mesh units (better wifi); more expensive ones have higher wifi throughput. TPG has disabled the VPN server function in the VR1600; also, you can't backup and restore settings. You might want better parental controls. USB port for printing or storage. You might want control over updating firmware; TPG controls that with VR1600.

This iiNet article has examples for setting VLAN ID for several models. It isn't a recommendation for any particular model. https://help.iinet.net.au/setting-common-non-iinet-supplied-modems-nbn-fttc