TPG Community

Get online support

Redmi phone won't connect to saved 5g network

26giraffes
Level 2
We have just moved house and signed up with TPG 5G wireless internet. My husband's phone and our smart TV have both connected fine to the WIFI but my Redmi phone only shows the network as saved but won't connect. We have some issues with the signal but even when I'm sitting next to the modem, my phone won't connect. I have reset the wi-fi settings on my phone, reset the modem, performed updates on my phone, restarted the phone and nothing is working
7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi 26giraffes,

Is the Redmi phone Wi-Fi 5G compatible? Does the phone able to connect with 2.4Gh connection? Have you tried connecting the phone on different 5G Wi-Fi network? 

You can try to change the Wireless Channel of both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz network to avoid connectivity issues.

You may check the articles below.

Regards,

We have just moved house and signed up with TPG 5G wireless internet. My husband's phone and our smart TV have both connected fine to the WIFI but my Redmi phone only shows the network as saved but won't connect. We have some issues with the signal but even when I'm sitting next to the modem, my phone won't connect. I have reset the wi-fi settings on my phone, reset the modem, performed updates on my phone, restarted the phone and nothing is working
26giraffes
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Yes it connects to other 5G services and I have tried going into the admin and changing the modem to only 2.4G and it still won't connect.
Angeli

Hi @26giraffes

I do not see an issue with your TPG home connection. Can you try to change the DNS server ( you may change it to 8.8.8.8) on your Redmi phone? Please refer to your manufacturer settings for instructions. Let me know how it goes. 

Thank you! 

26giraffes
Level 2
Hi Angeli,

I've tried changing my phone DNS to 8.8.8.8 and still no difference
Angeli

Hi @26giraffes

We don't see a problem with your connection with us and as you mentioned, your TV and husband's phone can connect to the WIFI. I would recommend to contact your phone manufacturer regarding your phone's WIFI issue. 

Regards, 

Angeli

26giraffes
Level 2
Hi Angeli,

We've had several other problems now with the 5g being very unreliable and dropping in and out so we've changed to NBN now and it's fixed all the problems and my phone is working great.
BasilDV

Thank you for the update @26giraffes.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV