TPG Community

Get online support

Replace HG659 with Archer vr1600v

SOLVED Go to solution
kymhobbs
Level 2

Is it possible to get a an Archer vr1600v, from TPG, to replace my HG659.   My HG659 has given me nothing but trouble, requiring frequent restarts to restore my internet connection.  I have done factory resets on it multiple times with nil improvement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @kymhobbs

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've sent you a PM and will be waiting for your response.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @kymhobbs

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've sent you a PM and will be waiting for your response.

BasilDV

alanguide
Level 7

I would also like to replace my HG659. What procedure please? Please email me TPG?

BasilDV

Hi @alanguide

Are you experiencing issues with your current modem/router?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Shoot me a PM with a photo of the current device and it's serial number on the sticker.

BasilDV

alanguide
Level 7

Tried to PM you but there were two other names, onme prefilled. Not sure if it will reach you.

alanguide
Level 7

Hi again. Not sure if a PM will reach you as he send to link seems to be named for someone else.

BasilDV

Hi @alanguide

If you'll follow the guide in the given link, you just need to click my name, then you'll see the 'send message' button for you to be able to PM me.

BasilDV

alanguide
Level 7

Hi BasilDV

Have tried repeatedly to PM you, but without success.

I’m on FTTN:

Meanwhile this is what happens:

Internet (and VOIP) failing with increasing frequency.

Seemed to come good when unplugging and re-plugging DSL, but later tests of this procedure were no good

Symptom: Connection to node no good.  Net down. WAN LED flashing slowly (2 per sec). Internet LED dark
Unplug DSL and both go dark.
Have now done a reset and all OK, but need to have permanent solution in case disabled wife alone and reliant on service

I’d like to buy a new router

How do I go about it?.

Shane

Hey, could you try again sending us a message? Here is the link of my Profile https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/474 you should see a 'Send Message' box below my Community Name.

Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time so we can have our Accounts Team to contact you to discuss details of getting a new modem/router.

Regards,

Hi BasilDV

Have tried repeatedly to PM you, but without success.

I’m on FTTN:

Meanwhile this is what happens:

Internet (and VOIP) failing with increasing frequency.

Seemed to come good when unplugging and re-plugging DSL, but later tests of this procedure were no good

Symptom: Connection to node no good.  Net down. WAN LED flashing slowly (2 per sec). Internet LED dark
Unplug DSL and both go dark.
Have now done a reset and all OK, but need to have permanent solution in case disabled wife alone and reliant on service

I’d like to buy a new router

How do I go about it?.