TPG Community

Get online support

Replacing the archer vr 1600 router.

SOLVED Go to solution
Juzz
Level 2
Hi
I’m trying to replace the Archer VR 16600v router with a TP Link Archer AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router.
I need the settings to connect the archer ac4000 router with the coaxial nbn connection box.
Hopefully someone can help I’m running currently in bridge mode which isn’t ideal. Thanks in advance.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @Juzz . Looking through the manual, this model doesn't seem to support the VLAN ID=2 setting needed for HFC. It can only be used as an access point connected to the Archer.

View solution in original post

matzo70
Level 3

I have successfully connected the tplink archer AC4000 to tpg. You can do it through setting up the IPTV setting. This enables VLAN ID=2 settings also.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @Juzz . Looking through the manual, this model doesn't seem to support the VLAN ID=2 setting needed for HFC. It can only be used as an access point connected to the Archer.

Juzz
Level 2
Thanks.
matzo70
Level 3

I have successfully connected the tplink archer AC4000 to tpg. You can do it through setting up the IPTV setting. This enables VLAN ID=2 settings also.

wodjec
Level 2

Hi @Juzz 

I need to press the WPS button on V1600 modem to connect my USB wifi adaptor to my desktop computer but cannot find such a button. What do I need to press and how close does the adaptor and v1600 need to be together.

david64
Level 15

Hi @wodjec . On the VR1600, the WPS button is on the top edge on the right when facing the front of the router.

Distance can be several metres but speed drops off with distance. The 2.4G band has longer range. The adaptor software should be able to show the signal strength and wifi connection speed. Compare it with the speed of your phone or tablet.