Router extender

jadeleframing
Level 2

I have a TP Link extender which has been working well for some time. Lately however, the signal keeps dropping in and out. I note that the WPS light on the router is not lit. Does this indicate a fault with the router?

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @jadeleframing . Generally, WPS light flashes while a device is connecting via WPS, but then goes out after a few minutes.

When dropout occurs, any change to lights on NBN box or router? Does Internet light stay on or go off?

How does the extender connect to the router? By cable or wifi?

You have to determine which part of the wifi path is affected. Is it wifi from device to extender? Or, from device to router? If extender connects to router by wifi, it shoud have a signal strength indicator.

Shane

Hi @jadeleframing,

I agree with @david64, it is best to isolate the router extension to identify if the dropout is coming from modem/router itself. On the other hand, I can help check the status of the connection by running initial tests, send me a Private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can check if the issues is on the network or just the modem/router's connection.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I have a TP Link extender which has been working well for some time. Lately however, the signal keeps dropping in and out. I note that the WPS light on the router is not lit. Does this indicate a fault with the router?